• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let’s goooooooo!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_9111.jpeg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the series but I hate the main actor's face when he plays Dream. I just don't know why his super pouty face makes me want to punch him.

It's more pronounced in the stills in the promo material, didn't bother me much in the actual show.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was watching some clips from the original X-Men cartoon and it's pretty hilarious how bad the action usually is, mostly because they couldn't actually show anything serious on morning TV (and probably a low budget). They just kind of grab people, stand there for a minute, then throw them. Wolverine threatens people with his claws then immediately retracts them.

It's pretty funny. Reminds you that it was definitely originally marketed for kids.

The new one...is not.
I have been watching the first season over the last week or so. I'm on episode seven(?), I think.

All I can say is that I clearly have been out of the loop on the X-Men universe for about 40 years, and can't remember much of what I did know, back then. But the show is really good.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was watching some clips from the original X-Men cartoon and it's pretty hilarious how bad the action usually is, mostly because they couldn't actually show anything serious on morning TV (and probably a low budget). They just kind of grab people, stand there for a minute, then throw them. Wolverine threatens people with his claws then immediately retracts them.

It's pretty funny. Reminds you that it was definitely originally marketed for kids.

The new one...is not.
From what I remember years ago, it was even that way in the comics. Every once in a while they would show Wolverine impaling someone with his claws, but the horrific damage a swipe from those claws would inflict was never shown (that I remember). I never really thought about it until I got to Japan and stumbled across a manga called Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star was what I was called in English), which had super graphic violence (you can Google it for yourself, LOL--not sure what the forum censor will allow).

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
90’s comics became excessively violent for a while. Even the mainstream stuff. A lot of it is toned down these days unless you are reading stuff geared towards that market.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of excessive violence....

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_9136.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Full trailer Thursday.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_9144.jpeg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use to have cards with graphics like that ^

All the various marvel characters, a fat thick of cards it was. Now I wonder where it all went.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fayehalluas