• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Fenners81

Reaction score
Just eyeing up the M7527 derby boot in Tricker's winter sale. Is it me or are these basically a standard calf version of the Eatons that DR are selling?

Fenners81

Reaction score
It looks like the top layer of the heel stack has been tapered off too soon leaving a stress point at the inside part of the heel. Like Mr Spud, I have had something similar on other brands though not quite as much as your Trickers. The problem has never worsened.
I sent the image to Tricker's for their opinion and they replied saying they'll repair them for free. Can't say fairer than that.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cordovan Stows
r5-n7uOzT0Ox9j8OTYwihg.jpg

milkbaby

Reaction score
Navy MC Stows arrived yesterday and are being worn for the second night in a row, something I almost never do! They are much darker color than I expected compared to the website pictures, but when I was wiping last night's moisture off it seems like Tricker's uses a dark shoe cream to prep these prior to shipping?

This 4497s last fits me so well that I'm sorely tempted to grab another winter sale pair...

20231221_173823.jpg

20231222_190130.jpg

jellyroller

Reaction score
Navy MC Stows arrived yesterday and are being worn for the second night in a row, something I almost never do! They are much darker color than I expected compared to the website pictures, but when I was wiping last night's moisture off it seems like Tricker's uses a dark shoe cream to prep these prior to shipping?

This 4497s last fits me so well that I'm sorely tempted to grab another winter sale pair...

View attachment 2096749
View attachment 2096747

Awesome!!!

Mr.Anderson

Reaction score
I ordered the same boots some days ago. I'm still waiting for delivery. I was expecting the colour to be much darker in reality than website pictures. That was always the case with Tricker's.
What worries me most is that welt on your boots looks dirty or stained with the same "thing" they applied to leather? This does not look good... :-(

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I ordered the same boots some days ago. I'm still waiting for delivery. I was expecting the colour to be much darker in reality than website pictures. That was always the case with Tricker's.
What worries me most is that welt on your boots looks dirty or stained with the same "thing" they applied to leather? This does not look good... :-(
We didn’t see the before pic before he wiped them but looks like the polish. MC is nice although I’m not a huge blue fan, the welt looks to be what Trickers call cream as opposed to natural (unstained) which possibly suits it better (less contrast).

milkbaby

Reaction score

Hi I saw down below that you received your Scotch grain pair of boots. I was contemplating those myself but wanted the classic Stow model.

Now that you have yours in hand, you can probably see that the welt has a non-neutral edge finishing on it. In my experience, many of the finishes used by bootmakers will come off a bit in the moisture.

The cream/polish used on the leather on my pair only seemed to come off a bit when I used a q-tip/cotton swab to clean out the broguing. I could see the swab turn a black/blue. It hasn't affected the look much, maybe a touch lighter under the brogues/holes, not very noticeable.

Hope you and your partner enjoy the new boots, they look great!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collagenax