• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a pair of Division Road 2298 Bourtons. To my eye they look distinct from a 4444 Bourton. I may have some familiarity with how 4444 looks. But I also have some 4497 Bourtons and they look the same as 4444 to me.

princealbert

Reaction score
Silent release of a Durham (w2298) in cross-hatch calf recently.

https://trickers.com/products/durham-country-brogue-black-cross-hatch-calf

Anyone has experience of this Durham model? How different does it look compared to a Bourton when worn? Because they both look extremely similar in pictures (leaving aside the difference of fitting on last w2298 and 4444)
I own the Durham in MC leather. Aside from the difference in last it also has 5 blind eyelets as compared with the 4 metal eyelets. It is certainly very similar to the Bourton, still a chunky country brogue but perhaps slightly more refined. Personally I prefer it, but that is probably not a popular opinion.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

What do you make of the welt joint location on the right boot of these Henry dealers? Is it a bit beyond the pale in terms of quality control, both in terms of the asymmetry between the two boots, and a somewhat vulnerable place where the welt was linked?

Unusual place for a welt joint but there won't be any structural issues, I wouldn't return them (I live in Peru so it is a nightmare returning things to UK).

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
They look even better when worn 😉
20231207_131001.jpg

And some close-ups
20231204_222640.jpg

20231204_222651.jpg

20231204_222705.jpg

Fenners81

Reaction score
My most recent sale acquisition. I was assuming I'd be returning these as I expected them to be almost identical to Acorn. In reality there's more than enough of a difference for me to keep them. The flat, almost artificial yellow tones of acorn are completely negated by the brown burnishing as it adds a depth to the colour. I've not owned Chelseas before though and so ordered them in my Bourton size and would now probably go down half a size further as they feel pretty roomy in the area where the laces keep boots snug.

1701964337278.png

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those 1001 Henrys look great. It’s pretty easy to add/augment the burnishing. I have a pair of acorn burnished Stephens that had little burnishing. I just used some brown paste polish to add color. It took a while to add much color so you don’t have to be too careful.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Rennovateur will strip burnishing if you’re not careful. For that matter so will neutral color paste wax.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Jeez, what can I use? I have bick 4 and neutral saphir cream polish... I've stopped using rennovateur tbh.
Renovateur is a great product for most leathers but not for leathers with a special finish. It's also true that Saphir wax polishes can strip the finishing off certain leathers (I found this with Church's 119 last shoes but not with Edward Green crust leathers). So, my experience is that Saphir cream polishes are most gentle and have served me well with more delicate leathers - I guess that would be true of other makes of shoe cream polish too.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I have a feeling the 1001 leather is going to pick up marks and stains left, right and centre so I'll try not to worry too much about cleaning them very often. I think these may look better when a bit beat up anyway.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, I still use Renovateur and paste wax. The key is being careful. Let the products dry and don’t go HAM polishing with a cloth.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru