• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie Slim Kim for girls right?

metkirk

Reaction score
A girl friend of mine asked me the other day to pick a pair of dry jeans for her. Are Nudie Slim Kim women jeans? What are other brands that make dry jeans for girls?

tomtraubert

Reaction score
i think slim kims are unisex. i almost bought my ex-gf denim bird jeans, which are nudie's brand for girls. i'm sure that you'll get a more authoritative response ssoon.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
I believe Nudie doesn't make "girls" jeans, but the Slim Kim is a unisex fit. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PC. Joe's Jeans.

I'm not sure if Joes Jeans have a dry model.

Since you're in Illinois you may want to call Jake's (a store in Chicago) and ask them. They are affiliated with these forums - their affiliate link is at the top of the page (shopjake.com)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
They're basically unisex jeans. Look on www.denimbaronline.com and www.selfedge.com for some jeans. Slings and Stones are pretty nice on some of the women i've seen on sufu. Denimbirds (nudie's women's brand) can be found on denim bar's site and revolve clothing. Denimbar also has more raw jeans in different brands. There was a thread about this a few months ago, i'd try to search for it. Don't just buy raw jeans for her as a present. They don't all fit the same way mall brand jeans (including sfam, coh, and tr) and she will pretty much have to try a few pairs on to find the perfect fit. Unless she doesn't care if it's going to be all that flattering on her and just wants a pair of raw jeans. I would never ever reccomend buying her a pair just because you think you know her size. Guys on this site buy jeans online but they can also recite their measurements at every angle by memory and guys jeans are not as form fitting so there is a lot more wiggle room for us.

calvin1663

Reaction score
kings of leon wear slim kims, so they're definitely not purely womens, follow the advice posted above...

metkirk

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Chronoaug, I agree with you that if the jeans don't fit her I'm doomed.
Jodum5, I'll definitely check out Jake's in Chicago.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
It's not just about guessing the right size. Just take her with you to some stores and try stuff on. You may be able to find stuff at Barneys as well. If it's a present you're buying her, take her with her and make a day or evening out of it. Take her to Jake's, Barneys and a nice place to eat for dinner or lunch. I couldn't think of an easier recipe for a good lay
wink.gif

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Cheap Monday. I've seen them look good and I've seen them look bad. However, they can usually be had at quite a low price if you are willing to look around, so maybe they wouldn't be a bad starter?

Double D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvin1663
kings of leon wear slim kims, so they're definitely not purely womens, follow the advice posted above...
An indie band wearing a pair of jeans sure as hell doesn't make them men's or unisex by any means. The branding of stuff like Cheap Monday as 'unisex' smacks of the branding of men's perfume as 'aftershave' in the mid 20th century to assure guys of the fact that they still have testicles.

APCs are really boxy on girls, as mentioned above.

Cheap Monday = cheap ******* tat. Colour is weak, denim is thin and the construction is pretty naff. H&M Sqins are a far better budget girls jean, though the indigo is tough as old boots and abjectly refuses to shift (which is great if you want solid dark jeans, natch).

Along with Skull Lindas, Edwin make excellent women's jeans. Like the Skulls, they fit tight as hell compared to European jeans. I have absolutely no idea where to pick up women's Edwins beyond a boutique local to us, however.

Nudie's Long John, Super Slim Kim and High Kai are all very female figure friendly. The SSK, unlike what their name suggests, are not 'super slim' but are in fact basically a girl's low-rise straighter legged jean.

Haven't encountered Acne or Denimbirds women's jeans in the flesh, but the quality should be no worse than Nudie. Don't expect the quality of dry selvage on the Nudies and the like... they are largely soft, stretchy, broken twill denim which won't produce strong fade patterns.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think J Brand make the best girl jeans in terms of fit/washes at the moment. Denimbirds are nice too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michael13