• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

IronRinn

Reaction score

They may not be measuring the p2p correctly. VT sorta wants to venture into untried waters and do things the way they want to do it. Not good when standard parameters have already been established. We all need to speak the same language. They seem to get hung up on the seams at the sides of the coat. Those seams should be disregarded.

Did you send them my instructions for p2p measuring? If they do it that way, even a monkey couldn't botch it.

Keep us up to date.

Yeah, I linked your article and quoted the measuring instructions. They haven't come back to me with a measurement on the 36 yet, but I'm pretty damn sure they're going to tell me it's 20".

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

POP that DAMNED collar, people! Look at any movie icon who's worn one, from Robert Redford to Daniel Craig. Collar: popped.

Are you happy now, Robert? :D

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

wildman

Reaction score
After delaying for a year or so, I recently got a Stearlingwear spec coat and it is pretty awesome. I got stung with the import taxes though (I live in the UK). The fit is good across the shoulders but I might have to get it taken in a bit. I have a problem with jackets fitting me because I have a broad chest/shoulders and a slim waist but if I had a big belly then it would fit like a glove. I went for a 40R because I intend to wear it with fairly bulky layers underneath.

It is a very handsome coat though.

goonz

Reaction score
Looks pretty neat with the odd buttoning...is that a sterlingwear classic? Its a great looking coat.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:) It's the "female buttoning".

Thanks. No, it's a Fidelity by Gerald & Stewart.

evident

Reaction score
anyone else have this problem? I have a "vintage" (not really) usnavy peacoat from late 80's 90's. it fits pretty well, however, it seems to attract lint like none other. I dry cleaned it for the season, but upon the first day of wearing it to and from the office, started attracting white specks of dust all over the place!! is there a way to make it attract less lint? is anti-static spray effective for this type of problem?

amgwhip123

Reaction score
generally, when buying pea coats, regardless of the brand, do I buy a coat with the same chest measurement as my suit jackets, or do I size up?
for example, if i wear my chest measures to 38, and i wear 38 jacket across the board, do I size up to a 40 when I buy a pea coat? considering I will wear a thick sweater or light jacket underneath?

Plait

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esakhtwa