• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for all you homies: Say you had a black leather (in my case, a cafe racer) that's no longer in production that you loved the fit and construction of. If you came across one in brown would you grab it? Or would it be too redundant for ya?

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one: So I get that this jacket isn't entirely leather but it does have some leather elements. So ... can anyone help identify this puffer? I dig it.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for all you homies: Say you had a black leather (in my case, a cafe racer) that's no longer in production that you loved the fit and construction of. If you came across one in brown would you grab it? Or would it be too redundant for ya?
Yep, not redundant

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one: So I get that this jacket isn't entirely leather but it does have some leather elements. So ... can anyone help identify this puffer? I dig it.

IMG_2404.jpeg

Looks to be this

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

would def grab it.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on Double Helix as a brand? They are priced in the upper tier and their jackets look really good on sites like Snake Oil Provisions, but curious how they may compare to other brands in that $2k price range (TRMC, TFH, etc)

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

That would really depend on your opinion of brown leathers in general. To me it would just be a constant reminder that I don't have the jacket I truly want and I'd wear my brown jacket in agony and mental anguish until I eventually realize my mistake and sell it.

If you like brown leathers and they fit in your wardrobe you're fine.

Picked this up from EIGENGRAU. It should be the best leather jacket I own.

View attachment 2091279
View attachment 2091281

That looks cool. I'm unfamiliar with the brand so I have no idea how the leather feels but it's seemingly a direction I enjoy. What brands/types of clothes are you pairing it with?

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A leather bathrobe? Looks like something Hugh Hefner would wear.

That would really depend on your opinion of brown leathers in general. To me it would just be a constant reminder that I don't have the jacket I truly want and I'd wear my brown jacket in agony and mental anguish until I eventually realize my mistake and sell it.

If you like brown leathers and they fit in your wardrobe you're fine.

That looks cool. I'm unfamiliar with the brand so I have no idea how the leather feels but it's seemingly a direction I enjoy. What brands/types of clothes are you pairing it with?
Well, I have the jacket I truly want (except the Addict AD-01, but I really need to try one in person first) in my black cafe racer. So, yeah, I dunno. I tried a brown Schott racer at Nordstrom yesterday to get a feel for the color on me and wasn't feeling it.

Here's the brown racer I've got my eye on. I love my black one, made from back in the day Coach used higher quality thicker sheep skins.

Screen Shot 2023-12-15 at 11.35.49 AM.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member