• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor

illiterate

Reaction score
ZenMarket allowed some users to mark down but sometime this year introduced a rule where you could only mark down to 10% of the value of the item. Remambo had a limit where it wouldn't let you mark down items worth more than 200k yen. I haven't used either service in a few months. Remambo seems to have removed the reference about marking stuff down from FAQ as well. I only used Remambo for Mercari purchases. ZenMarket for everything else.

Might be risky on a $1500 purchase unless you can confirm they still let you markdown. Just email Remambo support imo

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any Japan proxies that allow you to declare lower value for duties? I'm in Canada and don't want to get gouged on a $1500 purchase.

I used FromJapan back then but it seems like they don't do it anymore.

I see remambo mentioned above. Has anyone done it recently with them?

I think Zenmarket might be an option but I'm not 100% sure and don't want to go through with my buys only to find out it's not possible.

If anyone knows any other proxies that allow you to do this, that would be amazing.

Thanks
Zenmarket does to Canada but only via FedEx and DHL and you can declare the value down to 10% of the purchase price.

bugaboo

Reaction score
@illiterate @malcb33 thanks guys. bit of a bummer that it's gotten a bit harder. i'll reach out to remambo though and see. i miss the days where you had a couple guys offering proxy services here haha

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this message from ZM:

"Thank you for using our service.

We are writing to inform you that starting from October 24 it will be impossible to alter declared value for any parcel or any shipping method."

illiterate

Reaction score
Just got this message from ZM:

"Thank you for using our service.

We are writing to inform you that starting from October 24 it will be impossible to alter declared value for any parcel or any shipping method."
Damn, really? Was it via their messages on the website or email? I just used their service a week or two ago but have yet to get anything from them saying it’s being removed.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the news we've been dreading. Was sent directly to all customers I think.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, really? Was it via their messages on the website or email? I just used their service a week or two ago but have yet to get anything from them saying it’s being removed.

Got it as a message to my account, just like a regular customer service message. It was their initiative, I didn't ask about it or anything beforehand.

Screenshot_20221006_203306.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess they’re sending them in waves? Have yet to receive anything on my end.

That seems pretty strange though. I mean, why not send it to all users at once? Is it a regional thing perhaps? I live in the EU, but users elsewhere are maybe not affected by this change of policy?

illiterate

Reaction score
Interesting. I’m in Canada. Let’s wait and see. On a side note I’ve had no issues with remambo.jp lately. They upped their prices for Mercari purchases but you can still reduce value as much as you want.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I’m in Canada. Let’s wait and see. On a side note I’ve had no issues with remambo.jp lately. They upped their prices for Mercari purchases but you can still reduce value as much as you want.
I found something I want to pick up from Japan, but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk using ZM even though I haven't got a message from them.

Edit- I just read that ZM removed the mark-down feature entirely.

@illiterate @hoodog Is remambo.jp still allowing packages to be marked down?

Last edited:

illiterate

Reaction score
I found something I want to pick up from Japan, but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk using ZM even though I haven't got a message from them.

Edit- I just read that ZM removed the mark-down feature entirely.

@illiterate @hoodog Is remambo.jp still allowing packages to be marked down?
Was able to mark down about a month ago with Remambo. Shipping prices are absurd right now so just a heads up. Also, remambo will not repackage unless you pay for it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777