• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice collection! (And no, you won’t be done.) Are you a wide-faced feller like me? I’ve been been fighting the urge to get an Enzo for a couple years. With prices what they are now, I’m very hesitant. I should have done it when they were in the high 500s/low 600s. Dawg dang these flippin prices!
Yes I prefer the wider ones. Others could work if I got them adjusted but these all fit perfect without.

JessBob

Reaction score
Vendome Camel today.

I'll see your Vendome Camel, and raise you a Schindler Camel. (Please don't call my bluff!)

IMG_9462 2.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

thass_hot

Reaction score
People just have different reactions to different frames when they wear them. I've tried the Vendome in two colorways -- black wolf (yellowstone), and Hollywood exclusive. Both were very meh to me and it was an easy pass on both. It didn't scream anything to me except uninteresting, but I believe a frame can primarily be appreciated in the context of a person's unique face. On my face the Vendome just looks generic and uninteresting 🤷🏽‍♂️ On top of that the top line that you love so much felt too wide for my taste. Could I make the Vendome work for my face? Sure, absolutely, but it would be more an act of tolerance, than an act of style.

I had the same general reaction to the Julien, which I've also tried in two colors (Hollywood and Kinney), and passed on both. I liked the Julien Kinney better as I think the translucent acetate softened the parts of the frame I didn't like and made it more acceptable for my tastes, but I still wasn't all too excited (as compared to the Lacy Kinney and Ripley Kinney which I both picked up). While the new Julien collab certainly looks intriguing, it unfortunately inherited my earlier lack of interest in the other Juliens so it was an easy pass on that one as well.

I had a choice a couple months back between the Vendome Camel (a popular frame among some collectors) and the Schindler Camel (apparently not popular at all among most, collectors or otherwise hahaha). Schindler was the easy choice to me as it strikes me as more interesting and with more "flavor." I've already received quite a few compliments these past two weeks wearing the Schindler Camel, which I'm almost certain wouldn't have happened if I had been wearing a Vendome, at least on my face.

Having said all that, if you truly enjoy the way the Vendome looks on your face and makes you feel, go for it!
I completely get your point and I can explain my relationship with the brand. I discovered JMM about half a year ago and I really became really interested.
The thing is the price point isn't average (at least when you compare with other brands like Cutler & Gross, Garrett Leigh, Barton Perreira...) and for me if I will spend 800$/€ on a pair of frames these have to be really really outstanding.
To me (and this is only my personal opinion) models like Molino, Dealan, and in some way Torino are some kind of average. I'm not saying they wouldn't look good on my face (they do!), but I find very similar models in other brands spending much less.
I find rectangular models like Sandro, Miglia and Aldo really flattering to my face and harder to find in other brands.

JessBob

Reaction score
I completely get your point and I can explain my relationship with the brand. I discovered JMM about half a year ago and I really became really interested.
The thing is the price point isn't average (at least when you compare with other brands like Cutler & Gross, Garrett Leigh, Barton Perreira...) and for me if I will spend 800$/€ on a pair of frames these have to be really really outstanding.
To me (and this is only my personal opinion) models like Molino, Dealan, and in some way Torino are some kind of average. I'm not saying they wouldn't look good on my face (they do!), but I find very similar models in other brands spending much less.
I find rectangular models like Sandro, Miglia and Aldo really flattering to my face and harder to find in other brands.

Exactly! That's my point in some ways about why there is usually no fan club for a particular model, like the Vendome, or the Schindler, or Molino, etc. What looks average on one face could look fantastic on another, and some look non-distinctive enough to be found in other brands.

I only have one Molino (the Marlboro) and none of the Dealan and Torino. I've tried on a Sandro and it was ok; haven't tried Miglia or Aldo. However, the Aldo does remind me of one of my favs among the frames I own: the Kobo (in rootbeer!). Dang I love me my Kobos!

RavenBespoke

Reaction score
Although the Enzo model seems large, when compared to Yves, Torino and Molino55, it is narrower and does not appear as large on the face

It's interesting that, appearance-wise, it's not undersized by any means. However, while three other frames I have are the same overall width (144mm), they don't feel quite as close-fitting around the temples as Enzo.

Attachments

• tempImageJSSygc.png
    tempImageJSSygc.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 80

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics