• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

CercleRouge

Reaction score
What's the name of this frame color?
93F0CB75405E46E58DFE7E1CFC199F21.jpg
E56B837D74AF4CFEAE924E90AC207FEA.jpg

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Rawlins are a dream. I have yet to see a face I didn't like them on.
Thanks. It may be that these are my holy grail JMMs and I have to admit I’ve been either yawning or replulsed by all the new releases I’ve seen since I got these. 😎😁.

I tried on the surplus in the shop and was convinced by the shape and how they fit but didn’t like the gold hardware. Shout out again to Nicola at Salle Opticians in Phipps Mall ATL who hooked me up with the black pair. Mine have a small amount of slippage so I’ll take them to my local shop along with my Dealans which fit rock solid and get them adjusted to fit similarly.

As for the Leisure Society - feel really solid and very light at the same time. Spring hinges make the fit perfect. Love the shape - sorta metal version of wayfarer-ish style, very versatile with both formal and casual threads, and I tried to capture it in the pic without much success but the lenses are that ‘robotic’ flat uncurved style which are very cool’

I tried on the Sebergs some time ago and was surprised how much I liked them. Love the true bottle green lenses like looking through a bottle of Gordon’s gin!

Chasek38

Reaction score
I bought my first pair (Fellini) online and was lucky that they worked on me. That was before I realized I had a great JMM retailer (Black Optical) in my city. I've bought the rest of my frames there, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another online, especially if it's a frame I already have in a different colorway. Also if I ever find a sand Ichikawa online for a reasonable price I will be hitting that buy button faster than Clint Eastwood with an itchy trigger finger.
Me too, but completely missed out on them when they came out. I got these second-hand on eBay last week. The previous owner had rx lenses, so the factory lenses are pretty much immaculate. Very happy with them.
Also, what do ya'll think of the sandro's? Considering keeping but obsessed with the hornet variations.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plaza in Marquina.

15F015D9-C429-4618-9B46-7ECE030CD4F2.jpeg

75B3BBFE-D77D-49F6-AC32-9F4CEB8705B4.jpeg

They're definitely lighter and less imposing than the Fellini, and I'd say the same for the Molino 51, although it's been a minute since I tried them.

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yokimoto

Reaction score
I always thought Sandro are a tough frame. I’ve thrown out that they are up for trade, and while waiting for an offer I’ve been wearing them. Turns out they’re not bad with the original sunny lenses. Terrible as opticals on my big dome.

View attachment 1780231

I appreciate this picture. There’s not many real world photos of the Sandro. Currently deciding between Sandro in Hickory or Walker in Argyle.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a good fit. Did you move on from the Fellinis?

Thanks, G.

I haven't moved on. After trying to offload them last year they've become one of my favorite pair.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jawn Cop-kins