• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Yeah, if I lived somewhere like Miami I would be rocking JMM frames a lot more!

Here in the Great Upnorth, where ketchup is considered a spice, modesty rules. Not necessarily a bad thing.

I’ll probably return the Ashcroft and look into the Plaza. My local shop might still have one in Ochre.

Hehe point taken!

Can’t go wrong with the Plaza Ocre (my current favorite)

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of plaza in ochre, I had been wanting a solid lighter color for a frame, so decided to try these. 😎 2nd pair and my last (pinky promise).

Attachments

• IMG_5557.jpeg
    IMG_5557.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_5558.jpeg
    IMG_5558.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 240

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few photos of the Jeff and Ashcrofts. Ashcrofts are a little bigger and seem more angular. A cool frame, but probably not for me.

Jeff in Argyle
View attachment 1962767 View attachment 1962765

Ashcroft in Noir
View attachment 1962769 View attachment 1962771
Thank you so much for this - really appreciate the comparison pics. Jeff and Ashcroft are currently my favourite shaped JMMs but don’t have either yet as I’m holding out for a more appealing colour. Your pics confirm what I’ve guessed - similar frames but Ashcrofts slightly wider and slightly more sharp-angled. Hope I can try some on soon … then wait in the hope of better colours. Anyway thanks for providing essential data points that’s one of the things I love about this thread, we can compile info from other posters even if we aren’t able to try on the glasses in person.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the frame size and shape of Jeffs but new colours are snoozeville. I’ll be holding out hope that Ashcrofts are released with better colours. Would love a pair in cobalt or else that ‘Marlboro’ of the DCR Molinos.

I understand your point, you'd like to see something more exciting than the usual black and brown colourways, but these, as I already said, are the most safe and versatile.
Personally, I had loved a Taupe, a London or, even more, an Ochre, that reminds me strongly of the defunct lovely Seed.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand your point, you'd like to see something more exciting than the usual black and brown colourways, but these, as I already said, are the most safe and versatile.
Personally, I had loved a Taupe, a London or, even more, an Ochre, that reminds me strongly of the defunct lovely Seed.
Yeah some of the options (zebra aside which is just completely out there) mY be a bit more creative I admit. I’m not one of those who gets too deep into the whole scene of matching clothes and accessories to skin tone, the whole ‘warm spring’ v ‘cool winter’ and high / low contrast that Flusser has made his stock in trade, but I just don’t think colours like ochre, volvox, seed etc will match my complexion or the gear I routinely wear.

Either that or at a visceral level they just don’t appeal for whatever the subjective, weird, mysterious motivations are for our preferences!😁

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well aware of the total frame width. I'm asking about the width between the temple arms... like distance between your ears which I don't think is a common measurement.

I'm measuring over an inch wider comparing these Torino's vs my Molino 55's despite very similar "Frame Total Width"

If you're talking about the width at the of the arms, then this is a totally irrelevant measurement. You can easily tweak that, and I do on every single pair of glasses. They also stretch out with wear.

The most important is the width at the temple, to make sure they sit well on your face. The arms can be adjusted in dozens of different ways to give your desired fit.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
am looking to buy my first pair of JMM, any suggestions? was thinking of the yves / marbot or vendome!

Go try on some pairs and come back with some photos.

Those 3 are so different in size and fit that it's staggering in person.

A good analogy: I'm looking to buy a car, any suggestions? Was thinking about a 1973 Lambo Muira, a Mercedes S class, and a top of the line minivan

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
likethevegetable