• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boston_bond

Reaction score
Hello everyone. After finding myself on styleforum numerous times when searching for style advice I decided it was time to create an account. As a Boston resident in the financial industry my style is fairly classical and reserved. I tend to gravitate to brands with storied histories and am a sucker for companies with ties to England, New or old. Looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable with all of your help.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. After finding myself on styleforum numerous times when searching for style advice I decided it was time to create an account. As a Boston resident in the financial industry my style is fairly classical and reserved. I tend to gravitate to brands with storied histories and am a sucker for companies with ties to England, New or old. Looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable with all of your help.
Hello boston_bond, welcome to the forum!

Thrifting Since 10

Reaction score
Hello All

As my name says I have been in thrift stores my whole life. Started when I can remember --My Mom would put me in the used toy area and then she would search---as time went on I started to shop with her & pick out my own things -- She allowed this even when I was about 11 and my taste level became absolutely abhorrent for about 2 years---Then I discovered GQ and started to learn and come to my sences! It was a great gift that my Mom gave to me -- we were working class and never wanted for food or heat but never had possibility of finer things -- things under the tree were always what could be -- not what I would have preferred! This however allowed me to develop a TRUE appreciation for fine things --- and to be able to understand, respect, and cherish things that deserve respect. Also, as I learned, I found a whole wealth of unbelievable things available in the thrifts for pennies --- so that I TOO !!! Could experience finer things!!! It was amazing to me!

I was Very fortunate to be able to go to school! Barrowed all the money -- & YES I Paid it all back --- I ate ramen watching the people in the grocery in front of me buying meat--But I paid it back and I did not expect the government to spread my loans onto others and forgive me of the responsibility---& Yes I had a LOT of debt! OK ENOUGH soap box!!!! I AM Here for Men's Fashion NOT political discourse. I mention all that because today I could buy NEW in middle of the road retail --- & I do --- However I STILL visit the thrifts--Because I know how amazing the possibilities are!

Anyway - I am VERY Glad to find this place !!! I Hope to be able to join in in discussions of textile and suits and shoes and ----- WHATEVER!

Thank You All so Much !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All

As my name says I have been in thrift stores my whole life. Started when I can remember --My Mom would put me in the used toy area and then she would search---as time went on I started to shop with her & pick out my own things -- She allowed this even when I was about 11 and my taste level became absolutely abhorrent for about 2 years---Then I discovered GQ and started to learn and come to my sences! It was a great gift that my Mom gave to me -- we were working class and never wanted for food or heat but never had possibility of finer things -- things under the tree were always what could be -- not what I would have preferred! This however allowed me to develop a TRUE appreciation for fine things --- and to be able to understand, respect, and cherish things that deserve respect. Also, as I learned, I found a whole wealth of unbelievable things available in the thrifts for pennies --- so that I TOO !!! Could experience finer things!!! It was amazing to me!

I was Very fortunate to be able to go to school! Barrowed all the money -- & YES I Paid it all back --- I ate ramen watching the people in the grocery in front of me buying meat--But I paid it back and I did not expect the government to spread my loans onto others and forgive me of the responsibility---& Yes I had a LOT of debt! OK ENOUGH soap box!!!! I AM Here for Men's Fashion NOT political discourse. I mention all that because today I could buy NEW in middle of the road retail --- & I do --- However I STILL visit the thrifts--Because I know how amazing the possibilities are!

Anyway - I am VERY Glad to find this place !!! I Hope to be able to join in in discussions of textile and suits and shoes and ----- WHATEVER!

Thank You All so Much !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello, glad to have you here. Welcome to the forum!

bg_99

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to this whole thing. Style/fashion/clothes has been arguably my biggest hobby since I was 17 and trying to be one of those FOG Jerryboys, now I'm buying visvim and kapital. Very excited to partake in some conversation with cool folks!

Will.Zhao

Reaction score
Hey Guys
This is Will, and just start the collection:
Ralph Lauren Purple Label, several Handmade/Handtailored suits/jacket and pants
Double RL, a lot
Allen Edmonds, fifth ave, park ave, boots, sneakers
Alden, five pairs
But most of the time I just wear Acr'teryx jacket, Levi's Jean and Solomon hiking shoes

I am also a big fan of discount goods, and I will be more than happy to exchange or share the info with you guys.

Thanks

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys
This is Will, and just start the collection:
Ralph Lauren Purple Label, several Handmade/Handtailored suits/jacket and pants
Double RL, a lot
Allen Edmonds, fifth ave, park ave, boots, sneakers
Alden, five pairs
But most of the time I just wear Acr'teryx jacket, Levi's Jean and Solomon hiking shoes

I am also a big fan of discount goods, and I will be more than happy to exchange or share the info with you guys.

Thanks
Hi Will, it seems that you have an interesting collection, eclectic. Please do share your info on discounted goods. Welcome to the forum!

Naughton

Reaction score
Hello! I am an Irish man only recently discovering the world of online menswear conversation. I’ve always been interested in clothes but after having children that hobby got overlooked for a few years. Now re-engaging with it after neglecting my wardrobe for a period, and I’m having fun.

It started with me getting frustrated at how quickly I wear out the soles of shoes (something about the way I walk I guess), and going through a few pairs of €100–150 shoes a year. So I thought I might do better to spend a bit more on shoes with replaceable soles. Fast forward a few months and I’ve bought 4 pairs of Loake 1880s and gone down so many menswear rabbit holes on the internet… Bought a bunch of clothes recently from A Day’s March, Uniqlo, Thomas Pink, Wax, Levi’s, Berg and Berg, Magee.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am an Irish man only recently discovering the world of online menswear conversation. I’ve always been interested in clothes but after having children that hobby got overlooked for a few years. Now re-engaging with it after neglecting my wardrobe for a period, and I’m having fun.

It started with me getting frustrated at how quickly I wear out the soles of shoes (something about the way I walk I guess), and going through a few pairs of €100–150 shoes a year. So I thought I might do better to spend a bit more on shoes with replaceable soles. Fast forward a few months and I’ve bought 4 pairs of Loake 1880s and gone down so many menswear rabbit holes on the internet… Bought a bunch of clothes recently from A Day’s March, Uniqlo, Thomas Pink, Wax, Levi’s, Berg and Berg, Magee.

Hi Naughton, as for better or replaceable soles consider adding toe ’taps‘ to your leather sole shoes. Additionally, you might want to seek out rubber soled shoes. Nowadays respectable brands (Loake certainly is) use resolvable rubber soles for man models.

Hi Naughton, you might want to consider adding metal toe ‘taps’ to your shoes. Most cobblers & many fine shoe brands offer this service. Additionally, many fine brands, Loake certainly is, offer high grade rubber sole shoes in their catalog. Always seek to purchase Goodyear welted shoes or Blake stitched a minimum.
As for T. Pink & Uniqlo, you can do better than these both in terms of quality of materials used & construction of finished garments.
Welcome to the forum!

tuna roll

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was a fairly active member around 2005/2006 but ended up leaving the forum as I focused on other hobbies. Now menswear is occupying more mental space again as I switch from a more casual / streetwear style to a dressier one. I've always been interested in manufacturing quality / hand made pieces, vintage, shoes, etc.

I live in São Paulo, Brazil, but travel often (I'm in Japan right now).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thisandablunt