• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
It is a pleasure to meet you Sinyo18. I could not help but notice that you have been a member for a number of years. Being new to such forums like Styleforum, what recommendations could you offer. Usually, clients or interested individuals contact me to learn about couture, bespoke, or made-to-measure clothing. Many times the conversation centers around what I do.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a pleasure to meet you Sinyo18. I could not help but notice that you have been a member for a number of years. Being new to such forums like Styleforum, what recommendations could you offer. Usually, clients or interested individuals contact me to learn about couture, bespoke, or made-to-measure clothing. Many times the conversation centers around what I do.
Some recommendations are having a strong Instagram presence, create a blog, YouTube or otherwise. Solicit & make your presence known to major clothing & fashion periodicals. Initiate contact with well known couture author’s & experts such as Alan Flusser & Hugo Jacomet. Both of whom I’ve found to be approachable. Certainly they’ll have suggestions for you beyond my scope. I hope that this information is helpful to you. Keep in touch & let me know what your thoughts are & how you’re progressing.

Trendy&Luxury

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm excited to join this fashion forum and connect with others who share a passion for style and self-expression. My name is Steve and I'm currently employed in the Canadian Armed Forces as an Air Traffic Controller. I also recently started an online fashion store hence why I am here!

I don't have a personal style or fashion preferences, but I'm fascinated by the ways in which fashion intersects with culture, technology, and identity. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and hearing your thoughts on the latest fashion news and trends.

Outside of fashion, I enjoy learning new things, exploring the internet, and providing helpful answers to people's questions. I'm excited to be a part of this community and I can't wait to start chatting with you all!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm excited to join this fashion forum and connect with others who share a passion for style and self-expression. My name is Steve and I'm currently employed in the Canadian Armed Forces as an Air Traffic Controller. I also recently started an online fashion store hence why I am here!

I don't have a personal style or fashion preferences, but I'm fascinated by the ways in which fashion intersects with culture, technology, and identity. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and hearing your thoughts on the latest fashion news and trends.

Outside of fashion, I enjoy learning new things, exploring the internet, and providing helpful answers to people's questions. I'm excited to be a part of this community and I can't wait to start chatting with you all!
Welcome!

constantreader

Reaction score
Hello! I've been lurking styleforum for quite a while and I'm interested in finally engaging with the community. I'm looking to be more studied about my fashion choices and (hopefully) developing a more curated sense of style.

Currently, I'm more interested in Ivy style and Japanese reproductions of classic Americana.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! I've been lurking styleforum for quite a while and I'm interested in finally engaging with the community. I'm looking to be more studied about my fashion choices and (hopefully) developing a more curated sense of style.

Currently, I'm more interested in Ivy style and Japanese reproductions of classic Americana.
Hello, I think that you’ll find a wide array of topics & discussion threads here. Hopefully you’ll be able to find useful information here. Welcome!

marimichel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Excited to become part of this community!

My name is Mari, I am a young lady who is passionate about men’s style and fashion. My first style icon was Jimi Hendrix and I have always aesthetically enjoyed the wardrobe choices of mafia movies from Guy Richie and Quentin Tarantino. A fan of natural materials, especially silk.

Originally from Estonia, left for the wide world at 16 and studied technical fashion in England. Currently residing in the Netherlands. I work as a style guide specializing in helping men with an interest in clothing to master their style. Rather than adjusting to current trends, I help men find and perfect their own authentic style. If you are interested, you can learn more at marimichel.style

I play bass, do silk painting, and love to travel. Overall, I am a glass-half-full kind of person that never says ’no’ to an adventure.

In this forum, I hope to engage with style enthusiasts and dive into the menswear community culture.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Excited to become part of this community!

My name is Mari, I am a young lady who is passionate about men’s style and fashion. My first style icon was Jimi Hendrix and I have always aesthetically enjoyed the wardrobe choices of mafia movies from Guy Richie and Quentin Tarantino. A fan of natural materials, especially silk.

Originally from Estonia, left for the wide world at 16 and studied technical fashion in England. Currently residing in the Netherlands. I work as a style guide specializing in helping men with an interest in clothing to master their style. Rather than adjusting to current trends, I help men find and perfect their own authentic style. If you are interested, you can learn more at marimichel.style

I play bass, do silk painting, and love to travel. Overall, I am a glass-half-full kind of person that never says ’no’ to an adventure.

In this forum, I hope to engage with style enthusiasts and dive into the menswear community culture.
Hello Mari, your style icon is Jimi Hendrix & you take inspiration from characters in Tarantino & Ritchie movies. You play the bass & are Estonian! Good lord why couldn’t I find one like you 30 years ago, lol!
I hope that we can aid your passion for life & menswear. Btw, what’s your favorite ’Jimi’outfit? Welcome to the forum! ✌🏻

marimichel

Reaction score
Hello Mari, your style icon is Jimi Hendrix & you take inspiration from characters in Tarantino & Ritchie movies. You play the bass & are Estonian! Good lord why couldn’t I find one like you 30 years ago, lol!
I hope that we can aid your passion for life & menswear. Btw, what’s your favorite ’Jimi’outfit? Welcome to the forum! ✌🏻
Well done, Sinyo18, you have managed to make me blush! 😊

Thanks for such a sweet welcome to the forum!💫
The first thing I remember seeing Jimi wear was an ensemble with the famous hussar's jacket, red neck scarf, and velvet flares. That left a life-long impression on me.

But any of his outfits that include a loose, silky, ruffle shirt with an odd placement handkerchief scarf, melts my heart.
Do you have a favourite 'Jimi' outfit?
jimi.jpg
jimi leg scarf.jpeg

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well done, Sinyo18, you have managed to make me blush! 😊

Thanks for such a sweet welcome to the forum!💫
The first thing I remember seeing Jimi wear was an ensemble with the famous hussar's jacket, red neck scarf, and velvet flares. That left a life-long impression on me.

But any of his outfits that include a loose, silky, ruffle shirt with an odd placement handkerchief scarf, melts my heart.
Do you have a favourite 'Jimi' outfit?
View attachment 1901665 View attachment 1901667
Hi again, Jimi is often remembered as a purveyor of the ‘hippie esthetic’. However, that’s not really correct. Jimi’ style was a unique combination of classical established menswear with a substantial twist. Either he or his stylists fabricated well tailored pieces with velvet, leather, satin & silks that sometimes matched but were statements & always worked out to perfection. His ‘69 Royal Albert Hall show outfit & his ‘69 Newport Pop Festival outfits are standouts for me. I love that black hat! Interesting that there’s been a revival of sorts for this esthetic as recently evidenced by the return of tye-dye shirts, his blue sky vest, purple frilly shirts & the bourgeoise vest - hello Gucci! Jimi was a timeless fashion influencer, hello Adam Ant, Prince, Harry Styles! The closest that I ever got to emulating his rock god esthetic was rocking denim & cloth vests, oveallls with African print dasikis & brown Jodhpur boots or purple Converse sneakers. This was during a Nuevo Psychedelic period of NYC in the late seventies- early eighties. Now ya got me blushing!! 😁

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ERIC18018