• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I can't eat red meat anymore.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Had shortribs tonight. Delicious, but felt like I was going to yak after a few bites. Not the first time that red meat has made me feel this way recently. Sad.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I hardly ever eat red meat anymore. About a year ago, give or take a little while, I started having intense stomach aches afterward. Now I try to keep red meat to very small portions, like 4 oz, once or twice a week. I still get a little pain, but it is better than going full vegetarian.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
eh, could be worse. My other half is lactose intolerant, always has bad reactions with salmon (sucks for me because smoked salmon is one of the greatest things on earth), and then recently started having very bad reactions to shellfish. Since we don't each a whole lot of red meat, I'd bet she'd trade any of those for red meat.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

eh, could be worse. My other half is lactose intolerant, always has bad reactions with salmon (sucks for me because smoked salmon is one of the greatest things on earth), and then recently started having very bad reactions to shellfish. Since we don't each a whole lot of red meat, I'd bet she'd trade any of those for red meat.

That would really suck. Feel sorry for you guys. I had never had any aversions or allergic symptoms to any kind of food until this stuff started. When I told my Dad, he told me that around my age he started getting the same pains but with all meats, and kept getting worse and worse to the point that he ended up in the hospital getting his stomach pumped and that's why he becme vegetarian. It really scared me that I'd have to become a.... *gulp* vegetarian (NTTAWWT)

Last edited:

sns23

Reaction score
I gave up red meat a few years ago. After a while it does not even sound appetizing.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Any idea (either iammatt or kwilk) what specific components of red meat triggers this kind of reaction?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

That sucks. Any idea (either iammatt or kwilk) what specific components of red meat triggers this kind of reaction?

No idea, for me personally. I did an experiment to see if different kinds of red meat or different ways of cooking them had any different effects on me. Pretty much all red meat, other than poultry, does it to me.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No idea, for me personally. I did an experiment to see if different kinds of red meat or different ways of cooking them had any different effects on me. Pretty much all red meat, other than poultry, does it to me.

My girlfriend is convinced that lamb (and only lamb) often makes her really ill and has stopped eating it. I'm a bit skeptical, but what do I know?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

My girlfriend is convinced that lamb (and only lamb) often makes her really ill and has stopped eating it. I'm a bit skeptical, but what do I know?

I'd believe it. Things have different effects on all kinds of people. Who the hell knows how people really react to certain things. Although I have no basis for that belief. Even though my degree says I know something about applying science, I don't know ****.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't be so quick to blame it on red meat. Do some other experimenting. My stomach bothered me for years and now I find out it's simple carbs that bother it. When I changed my eating habits my stomach troubles really cleared up. Now I get flare ups if I have certain types of simple carbs. I'm just saying play around. Lay off simple carbs for at least two weeks then try some red meat with only veggies and a salad.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is rotten to have to give up food you've previously enjoyed. Like Pio, I find that I have to limit carbs, and I became lactose intolerant years ago. Over time, I've found that I can enjoy very small portions of cheese or dessert as much as I ever enjoyed normal portions and also that my food sensitivities ebb and flow according to what's happening in my life overall. I would also say that age has really cut into my ability to eat rich food. Pio, King of Foie Gras, is clearly a counter-example there.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm finally getting to the stage in life where food and drink make me fat. It sucks. I have only limited self control. :(

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I'm finally getting to the stage in life where food and drink make me fat. It sucks. I have only limited self control. :(

Yeah, that point in life sucks. I hit it in my mid 30s. It was also coupled with no longer cycling 250-300 miles a week and lifting weights four days a week.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love at eating and drinking at night, I am way too much of a night owl. I don't even eat breakfast, sometimes I just wake up late and start with dinner. 3 or 4 am grilled meat and alcohol has been my **** for years now. :( I don't get carb cravings at all, so that may be a benefit, at least....

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru