• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not wear this today. I would have melted.

IMG_1028.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1027.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey - appreciate the feedback. I’m hoping it’s the angle / stance as I’m not sure I can get much wider with these without it looking comical - but I’ll definitely consider it for my next purchase.
Sorry the drape is good you just need pants with more room in the seat and thighs. For me that just means sizing up, taking in the waist, and then having that gradual taper down the leg. You can keep the leg opening wider to ensure you don't get the comical carrot-shaped look in your pants

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2179103 View attachment 2179105

Me in my (unintentional) high water trousers. Will have to give up the cuffs (or at least 0.5” out of the 2) to fix. Suit is a lamarche ring jacket, tie is a thrifted zegna on ebay, shoes are vintage churchs thrifted in koenji japan. Apols for the low res pics. Im only a graduate student!

My dear dapper friends,

Does anyone know if making the cuff 0.5 inch narrower would lengthen the inseam 1 inch? This is a real brain teaser.

I read in more than one post here in the forum that you can lengthen the inseam twice as much as the width of the cuff. Is this because the fabric is also folded inside when hemmed and cuffed? And do you think altering the cuff length is an easy job for any tailor, and that it shouldnt leave markings where the old cuff used to be?

As ever, thank you so much for the help!

BlackClayHalo

Reaction score
Sorry the drape is good you just need pants with more room in the seat and thighs. For me that just means sizing up, taking in the waist, and then having that gradual taper down the leg. You can keep the leg opening wider to ensure you don't get the comical carrot-shaped look in your pants
Ok thanks - I do genuinely appreciate the feedback. I’ll give that a go next time I make a purchase.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
My dear dapper friends,

Does anyone know if making the cuff 0.5 inch narrower would lengthen the inseam 1 inch? This is a real brain teaser.
Yes, it would. However, as you ponder, it may leave indelible crease or wear marks. Consider a faux cuff and keep the original height. A faux cuff looks just like a real cuff except the part you can't see, the valley between the cuff and the pant, is not as deep as the cuff is tall.

All my cuffed pants are faux, originally out of necessity, and now even if there is enough material for a full cuff. There are reasons for this which are outside the realm of this thread. I do my own work.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Anglo-American?

Jacket: Bespoke in Huddersfield Fine Worsted 'Fresco" Mock Leno
Shirt: Vintage
Trousers: Bespoke in Loro Piana 'Mare' Cotton
Tie: Drake's
Shoes: Gaziano & Girling Antibes II in Vintage Pine

View attachment 2178025 View attachment 2178027 View attachment 2178031 View attachment 2178033
No iPhone snap in a toothpaste splattered mirror for you. Your photographic presentation, outstanding.

Never understood spending a bundle on duds and showing 'em off with crappy pics, often with "apologies for the poor photos". No, you don't get a pass. Figure out how to display your stuff with photographic goodness, it's not rocket surgery.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STACY411