• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at Upr-Crust.. He's always pretty perfect.
Now, tell me why? In no way a critique of the Crust, but there's no way you're trying to tell me his fits look slimmer than the one you critiqued, unless you're just aggressively bullshitting lol

Edit: saw the Crust fit you (reasonably) praised as snazzy. You're fully bullshitting. Glad we sorted that out.

Last edited:

Musicianized

Reaction score
Now, tell me why? In no way a critique of the Crust, but there's no way you're trying to tell me his fits look slimmer than the one you critiqued, unless you're just aggressively bullshitting lol

It. Blows my. Mind how you can look at. Crust, who wears all of those awesome fitting suits.. And not see the DIFFERENCE I am referring to.

Maybe it's not the fit, but the style. I don't. Know. I still think the sweater is too loose and the jacket is too long.

I'm going back to pleading 'Not Knowing what I'm talking about".. But I wouldn't style up like that. As I sit here in flannel pajama pants and a t-shirt. 😂

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It. Blows my. Mind how you can look at. Crust, who wears all of those awesome fitting suits.. And not see the DIFFERENCE I am referring to.

Maybe it's not the fit, but the style. I don't. Know. I still think the sweater is too loose and the jacket is too long.

I'm going back to pleading 'Not Knowing what I'm talking about".. But I wouldn't style up like that. As I sit here in flannel pajama pants and a t-shirt. 😂
I love le Crust. That’s beside the point. His fits aren’t any less trim than DC’s. They are, almost without exception, less trim.
So, again, please do provide a rationale. “I don’t know” is rather flaccid, especially after coming in so hot with the original opinion.

Musicianized

Reaction score
I love le Crust. That’s beside the point. His fits aren’t any less trim than DC’s. They are, almost without exception, less trim.
So, again, please do provide a rationale. “I don’t know” is rather flaccid, especially after coming in so hot with the original opinion.
I already have. I said his clothes look too big. Am I supposed to tell you by how many inches need to come in at each seam or what?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already have. I said his clothes look too big. Am I supposed to tell you by how many inches need to come in at each seam or what?
But then you went on to compliment fits that are proportionately longer and fuller. So you either don’t know what you’re talking about or are trolling.

dapperdesertdweller

Reaction score
correct me if I’m wrong but I think maybe you’re looking at the fit outside of the context of the style @Musicianized. what I mean to say is DC’s jacket to my eyes seems a bit less structured & more relaxed compared to UC’s? I think the fit & cut are still quite nice btw.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sweater? Baggy.. The jacket, too long.. Man I'm sorry I don't want to offend I'm just giving my opinion. And we know what they say about opinions....

That outfit probably cost. More than my whole wardrobe. 😅

Megadork above is rocking it well fit. Nice shoes too!

Good god. You think Megadork looks good but Dapperclassic looks baggy and sloppy??? You’ve been on this forum a few days, so clearly you‘re either trolling or horribly uninformed.

Musicianized

Reaction score
I think what I think, be it uninformed or just flat out stupid to you guys, that's irrelevent.

I scroll through the pictures on here see each one and think, that's nice, that look is good, that guy is rocking that suit etc.. Then I get to those pictures and. I'm thinking, "woah, someone failed this guy".

It probably is just the style and I just do not like it.

Dapperclassic, I am sorry I said anything. I didn't mean for this to make a big stink and I wasn't trying to be offensive.

Musicianized

Reaction score
Here ya'll can roast me now as I'm sure I earned it. 😊

Attachments

• 20230218_154549.jpg
    20230218_154549.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 113

jiredell

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a long time, but it's fun coming into a fight. Hang on while I finish smoking this bowl, then let the arrows fly if you all will.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here ya'll can roast me now as I'm sure I earned it. 😊
I don’t think anyone wants to roast you. Likely people want to educate you on why what you said made no sense based on classical menswear standards. You should have died on the hill that you didn’t like the style and wasn’t for you. That is perfectly reasonable. However you made contradictory arguments. Im new too and have misunderstood aspects which I was corrected on too.You need to be able to take criticism and knowledge from others in order to grow.

Last edited:

Musicianized

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone wants to roast you. Likely people want to educate you on why what you said made no sense based on classical menswear standards. You should have died on the hill that you didn’t like the style and wasn’t for you. That is perfectly reasonable. However you made contradictory arguments. Im new too and have misunderstood aspects which I was corrected on too.You need to be able to take criticism and knowledge from others in order to grow. Just
I never contradicted myself. I said his sweater and jacket looked too big on him, nothing more nothing less. I don't have an issue with being criticized. As I said, I realize opinions are like assholes... And I never claimed to know the first thing about style. My judgment was just based on my perception or lack thereof.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeawMartin