• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those highly stiff like the natural minerva?

@GrantStone, do have any old dune Diesels in the warehouse with the leather sole?

They're pretty stiff compared to like... calf skin, but not any more stiff than similar thick leathers (like the GS kudu leather or my Thorogood cow leather work boots).

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really liking the Garrison boot. I could see getting more depending on the leather of course. I’d really like to burgundy like the color #8 CXL but just not CXL. I have more than enough of that leather.

Looks like this makes 11 GS so far and the 9.5 EEE fits well with thicker socks

I have learned from buying various brands to never size down even when they say so. I seem to be 9EEE with dress socks/shoes and 9.5 with normal socks. Things like Tricker’s I just go with 9UK.
IMG_7362.jpeg
IMG_7363.jpeg
IMG_7364.jpeg
IMG_7365.jpeg

I like the waxed leather on the field boots but that is going to be a cat hair magnet.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Olive Minerva vs jungle kangroo, similar color? or alot different?

what about Crimson Kudu vs Crimson CXL?

Don't want to buy dupe colors!

Reaction score
I am considering getting the Bison leather, but I'd like to know if it requires more frequent, less frequent or the same frequency of maintenance as cow leather? One of the things that attracted me to Kudu is that it is less maintenance than cow leather. How about Bison? Thanks!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering getting the Bison leather, but I'd like to know if it requires more frequent, less frequent or the same frequency of maintenance as cow leather? One of the things that attracted me to Kudu is that it is less maintenance than cow leather. How about Bison? Thanks!

They're quite similar, so the care would be identical.

Moeck14

Reaction score
Really liking the Garrison boot. I could see getting more depending on the leather of course. I’d really like to burgundy like the color #8 CXL but just not CXL. I have more than enough of that leather.

Looks like this makes 11 GS so far and the 9.5 EEE fits well with thicker socks

I have learned from buying various brands to never size down even when they say so. I seem to be 9EEE with dress socks/shoes and 9.5 with normal socks. Things like Tricker’s I just go with 9UK.
View attachment 2071953 View attachment 2071955 View attachment 2071957 View attachment 2071959

I like the waxed leather on the field boots but that is going to be a cat hair magnet.
I have the field boot in the same leather. 2 long hair dogs (husky) and 2 cats. Don't have any issues with the fur at all. I don't leave them out in the open with the pets though either (stored in the closet)

Moeck14

Reaction score
Olive Minerva vs jungle kangroo, similar color? or alot different?

what about Crimson Kudu vs Crimson CXL?

Don't want to buy dupe colors!
Jungle kangaroo was very dark when I bought a pair, almost black in direct light. The Minerva looks much lighter

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GU1762