• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised he let me borrow it too! Haven't done a proper ride on it yet but just riding around the block it feels rock stiff. It's a bit small and the handlebars are kind of scary so we'll see how much I ride it, may try to borrow something else. Incredible bike though

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cracked my ti frame again, luckily my friend has a spare bike I can borrow while I wait for the replacement frame. Pretty wild bike
1) What's causing the cracking?
2) Came across a guy riding one of those Ribbles (unicorn blood sparkle paint job). It's...distinctive.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's stress cracking at the downtube cable port somehow. The builders are equally puzzled so they're making me a fully internal routed frame next. Going to use the Enve in-route system.

Yeah especially with this paintjob it's very noticeable...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Confirmed that the wheels are tubeless-ready:
IMG_6859.jpg

Switched out the stock tires for tubeless with sexy tan sidewalls. :) Removed chain and cassette to strip factory lubricant and applied wax to the chain. Added a bit of helicopter tape where one of the cables touches the head tube. I'm digging the more subtle DT Swiss stickers on the wheels.
IMG_6866.jpg

Left-side power meter (with AirTag functionality built in!) and saddlebag are on their way. Went with the Silca which uses a BOA dial to cinch it up.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confirmed that the wheels are tubeless-ready:
View attachment 2088513
Switched out the stock tires for tubeless with sexy tan sidewalls. :) Removed chain and cassette to strip factory lubricant and applied wax to the chain. Added a bit of helicopter tape where one of the cables touches the head tube. I'm digging the more subtle DT Swiss stickers on the wheels.
View attachment 2088511
Left-side power meter (with AirTag functionality built in!) and saddlebag are on their way. Went with the Silca which uses a BOA dial to cinch it up.
Let's see a zoom in of that carbon fiber.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let's see a zoom in of that carbon fiber.
The best angle:
1702344023457.jpeg

The angle which made think there was a protective covering on the top tube:
1702344129747.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, I noticed that the carbon is not visible around the big, multitube junctions at the seat post and bottom bracket. Looks like they were able to spare a bit of paint for those areas, suggesting that maybe they aren't quite as proud of the look there... :)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's up with the headset?

It looks like sacred geometry.

Also, I saw my stepbrother for the first time in years. Absolute bike nut, we rode the Solvang Century together years ago.
He bought the first carbon frame Alan ever made ( 80s? ). He said he still has it, and not only that, he became pen pals with the family and they recently sent him a new one...........free.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Had no idea that's a thing. I'll check mine to see if an update adds the feature. That's fantastic news to hear!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru