• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ruby Punched Captoe on a rounder toed last would be my vote. I like the uniqueness of the shoe, Ep does monks (albeit doubles) and has a few austerity brogues. The Punched Captoe could dress up or down and would SICK in Ruby. I'd be down for that.

kidamerica17

Reaction score
Ruby Punched Captoe on a rounder toed last would be my vote. I like the uniqueness of the shoe, Ep does monks (albeit doubles) and has a few austerity brogues. The Punched Captoe could dress up or down and would SICK in Ruby. I'd be down for that.

Agree completely. This would be an amazing shoe in Ruby.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree completely. This would be an amazing shoe in Ruby.

Ditto...Ruby Punched Captoe on the Alcudia last would be choice.

UnreasonableMan

Reaction score

+1

Edit: that makes 4 thus far.

Last edited:

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
Edit: that makes 4 thus far.
Ruby punched captoe on Alcudia last sounds like the best option. Im wondering how it will look with navy trousers...probably awesome!

Wholecut - Caramel sounds nice, definitely down for a medallion. Would also love to see burgundy on this...Carmina's burgundy calf is AWESOME! Would love to see it on the Alcudia last like the one below:

carmina-alcudia-adelaide-burgundy-34-16.jpg

Also Mike - are we holding off on the black balmoral austerity brouge boot?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is my preference as well.

pistolero

Reaction score

I'd probably be down with this. Mike, how does the sizing for Alcudia last compare with Forest?

jpc9

Reaction score
I'd be down for this too. Also the caramel wholecut on the Inca, medallion or no. I'd rather no medallion, but may like it if I see it mocked up.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike,
It was a pleasure meeting with you this morning by the Brooklyn store!
I recently have moved to New York and after ordering ALL the previous boot makeups, I had to check out the store.
Mike was extremely nice, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
I look forward to ordering the brown suede/calf jodhpur boots on the next preorder as well.

It was great meeting you too - I was glad that I was at the BK store at the time that you stopped in. And I'm definitely taking your requests to heart, I think it would be great to come up with some dressy new styles to offer via this thread that are special but can still be worn in a relatively conservative setting. Carmina has a lot of capabilities in this area, and this is the perfect venue to make it happen. Welcome again to Brooklyn! If you ever want restaurant/bar/activity recommendations, feel free to call my shops any time - our dudes will be happy to tell you about some spots.

That seems to have been a typo, as Mike's post now states that the Jodhpur will be on Rain.

Yes, sorry about that, I did mean the Rain last for the Jodphur boot. Looks like this is the consensus.

I'd probably be down with this. Mike, how does the sizing for Alcudia last compare with Forest?

OK guys, I think that this one is decided. Ruby Shell Cordovan Punched Captoe Bal on the Alcudia last. This one is going to be completely bonkers! And these shoes will really light up on Navy trousers, grey trousers, chinos. They'll be a very versatile and cool style.

The fitting of the Alcudia is pretty similar to the Forest (although it cannot be ordered in wides), but it's closer to the Rain last, but with a rounded toe rather than a chiseled one. Kind of like the Forest and the Rain had a child.

And in terms of the wholecut, I actually found a photo of the medallion model in Caramel calf:

I'm thinking that we should lose that medallion on the heel and just keep it simple with the one on the toe. Medium brown double leather sole. Want to do the Inca last on these? That's the best-selling last that we have in the store, and it's really an excellent fit.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It was great meeting you too - I was glad that I was at the BK store at the time that you stopped in. And I'm definitely taking your requests to heart, I think it would be great to come up with some dressy new styles to offer via this thread that are special but can still be worn in a relatively conservative setting. Carmina has a lot of capabilities in this area, and this is the perfect venue to make it happen. Welcome again to Brooklyn! If you ever want restaurant/bar/activity recommendations, feel free to call my shops any time - our dudes will be happy to tell you about some spots.
Yes, sorry about that, I did mean the Rain last for the Jodphur boot. Looks like this is the consensus.
OK guys, I think that this one is decided. Ruby Shell Cordovan Punched Captoe Bal on the Alcudia last. This one is going to be completely bonkers! And these shoes will really light up on Navy trousers, grey trousers, chinos. They'll be a very versatile and cool style.
The fitting of the Alcudia is pretty similar to the Forest (although it cannot be ordered in wides), but it's closer to the Rain last, but with a rounded toe rather than a chiseled one. Kind of like the Forest and the Rain had a child.

Gigity.

So stoked for this. Thanks Mike!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^looks like I may NEED two more pairs of shoes. I have reached such a nadir that I am considering ordering a special cabinet in which to keep them.. A cry for help. Surely.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too many captoes for me so I'll have to opt out of the ruby red makeup. But I can't wait to see it

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we just do 1 pair thats acceptable for a finance guy in NYC? Pretty please? (Burgundy, Dark Brown, Black) ( wear w/ Gray, Navy Suits) (Balmoral). Love these makeups and Im interested in both the ruby captoes, and the caramel wholecuts, but I'll only be able to wear those on fridays at work...

UnreasonableMan

Reaction score
Can we just do 1 pair thats acceptable for a finance guy in NYC? Pretty please? (Burgundy, Dark Brown, Black) ( wear w/ Gray, Navy Suits) (Balmoral). Love these makeups and Im interested in both the ruby captoes, and the caramel wholecuts, but I'll only be able to wear those on fridays at work...
Carmina has some stock models that will fit the bill, checkout their site (the one with the collection) or the online store. May be worth the look.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member