• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
@Epaulet, looking at the current Doyle pre-order projects, the size chart that is posted for these projects is different than the old Doyle measurements (a little bigger in the chest, a little shorter in sleeves, and a lot longer in body). Just wondering if this is a mistake or if the measurements have changed?

(Personally, I'm not buying from this current pre-order, but already thinking of a fall fabric when the next pre-order opportunity comes up, so just wanted to make sure I have a handle on sizing)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet, looking at the current Doyle pre-order projects, the size chart that is posted for these projects is different than the old Doyle measurements (a little bigger in the chest, a little shorter in sleeves, and a lot longer in body). Just wondering if this is a mistake or if the measurements have changed?

(Personally, I'm not buying from this current pre-order, but already thinking of a fall fabric when the next pre-order opportunity comes up, so just wanted to make sure I have a handle on sizing)

Thanks for checking it out! We've been keeping the same measurements for some time now, but certain fabrics... sashiko in particular... do make up a little bit longer than others. Feel free to drop me a DM and I can look up your past orders. We'll definitely order a lot of great fabrics via the custom program too.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Entirely different numbers in the two attached screenshots.

Attachments

• PreOrderProject.png
    PreOrderProject.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 86
  • EverywhereElse.png
    EverywhereElse.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 55

L.I.T.

Reaction score
2 Summer Shirts for $295, Garand Selvedge Markdown
DZjJLUx5TsVLzaV9hI-rBUIuLxdro0s7Y9qlj3aSnqsePr3jH5AiBfuVr_ZL4GQ79yvFrMgDInyzFl20sUqyjjV5FqnXxwjnn03_GwsSpdClRsE57000zKk=s0-d-e1-ft

We're running a killer promotion for Summer delivery!

Order any two shirts in this assortment for an even $295. We've got oxford basics, biz-caz ginghams, breezy seersuckers, and some classic essentials. Believe me, there's two shirts in there for everyone.

The only restriction is that both shirts must be styled with the same collars, cuffs, buttons, and pockets. You can save up to 35% off our usual prices, and delivery will be right around the end of May.
yUnom5rnWAi5YSxZondfEKdjtCmr9K7xeYEfOEVIh8CGfFmLB_WQ-RxSnPYSu328qx1bMyAKGDmLlisqWeFPLsrecz6CaSZrrjGnTel5GhE0uwUcnfQGOsA=s0-d-e1-ft
oH3G20QUjvA92-vUHL0UzETBI0ptG2bzDTUkHquSoo9-fG0IG-RT1m4tEitx7Qmm3uqjJn_a-ZlhffKwuWvxoS3NN1eugOY5Utg1pWiIWMOE_fecG3uqJqw=s0-d-e1-ft
E506c0a-efAh0nnk4R9qYeNtEooMtZ3-V8ebSMdSmU3CUvYoJwNibuE80KxWVgA3VK-HUI4iwThdecQr_75GarTWfMxFI72cvpKV1uv3iONIPx-x7SMW_20=s0-d-e1-ft

trg12

Reaction score
I just received my first Epaulet item — a pair of William trousers. I’m wondering, for a pair of trousers that has been given so much design thought, what is the idea behind ultra-short/non-functional back pockets?

jt2gt

Reaction score
Karras jacket gettin me through a wet spring.

Attachments

• E7589523-F605-49B2-A720-EEC2251B2C31.jpeg
    E7589523-F605-49B2-A720-EEC2251B2C31.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 119

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Karras jacket gettin me through a wet spring.

Wow that looks fantastic!

I'd love to hear feedback from you and anyone else who got a Karras jacket. I'd like to make a new batch for the early Fall, and I'm considering to:

1) Use a heavier waxed cotton. I opted for this lighter cloth as it's machine washable, but you lose that really waxy look that these pieces usually have. I'm kind of thinking that the machine washability might not be the big sales point that I thought it was.

2) Modify the pockets to be standard welt handwarmer pockets. Pretty much like our Sashiko Mac coat, although a touch shorter in length. I thought that the patch pocket thing was a cool reference to those early coach jackets, but this would be more functional. This is the pocket reference that I'd use...

MacShadowMain_800x.jpg

jt2gt

Reaction score
Wow that looks fantastic!

I'd love to hear feedback from you and anyone else who got a Karras jacket. I'd like to make a new batch for the early Fall, and I'm considering to:

1) Use a heavier waxed cotton. I opted for this lighter cloth as it's machine washable, but you lose that really waxy look that these pieces usually have. I'm kind of thinking that the machine washability might not be the big sales point that I thought it was.

2) Modify the pockets to be standard welt handwarmer pockets. Pretty much like our Sashiko Mac coat, although a touch shorter in length. I thought that the patch pocket thing was a cool reference to those early coach jackets, but this would be more functional. This is the pocket reference that I'd use...

MacShadowMain_800x.jpg
Thanks...it felt just slightly large when I first got it, but the wash tightened it up just enough that it fits perfect. I like the weight and wearability of this version. I actually like the Doyle style pockets the best (top and side hand warmer access), that would be my only wish on this one.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
JUST IN NEW SASHIKO LAIDBACK PANTS IN
MINERAL WASHED BLACK AND ACID MOSS STOCK!

We just got in two new colors in our Sashiko Laidback pants in Mineral Washed Black and Acid Moss. Both have speciality washes that create a unique one a kind appearance to one of our best selling Sashiko products in the last year.

Get 15% off now with the code below at checkout
pants15

Order Links Below
Laidback Pant Sashiko Mineral Washed Black
Laidback Pant Sashiko Acid Moss

ACID MOSS
This stunning "Acid Moss" color is achieved through a three step dye process. The natural sashiko is first bleached and prepped. It's then given a dark moss pigment dye soak, and a light acid wash. The resulting effect is a medium olive tone with incredible depth and character. When you look closely at the garment, you'll see an intricate mix of moss, fern, and lichen accents... and the overall color will change depending on how the light hits it. Although this is a distinctive look, it's effortless to pair with other pieces.
LBOliveAcidMain.jpg

LBOliveAcidWaist.jpg

MINERAL WASHED BLACK
We set out to achieve an ideal "vintage black" color. Starting with a jet black reactive dye, this garment was run though a five-step mineral wash and bleach to slightly lighten the tone, creative subtle fading at the edges and seams, and radically soften the cloth. The result is a black pant that looks and feels perfectly broken in.
LBMineralBlackMain.jpg

LBMineralBlackDetail.jpg

L.I.T.

Reaction score

L.I.T.

Reaction score
DCBD bill of material sheet for our sewers to match thread color and buttons to your pre-ordered shirt fabrics. We’ll have some extra stock in some fabrics as well if you missed out on the preorder.

Sneak peek at the bonus fabrics we’ll be stocking also. 👀

IMG_8837.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members