• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 17

blue peter

Reaction score
a record, indeed...and it looks like several sizes of certain pieces are already sold out! the masses are HUNGRY! :)

zunker

Reaction score
I popped in to the London shop today and rest assured they still have all the sizes, just haven't got them up online. Work shirts felt really big, maybe size down big. Cord willy post pants very nice but still so narrow in the calves.

blue peter

Reaction score
so bummed to hear that the trousers are tight in the calves again this season...being the fanatic I am, I even emailed NNY to provide my friendly input, as if they wanted it, and was told the trousers would actually loosen up in again in FW2017...maybe other models, vamos a ver

zunker

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I took some cinch pants to my tailor to see if he could widen the calves. He's done it before but this summer they were so tight he took one look and said "they look like leggings".

I sent them back.

blue peter

Reaction score
yeah, it's all personal - i thought they fit perfectly during the 2014/15/ss16 seasons, then last winter they became too tapered for me...and i think i have pretty normal sized calves for my build :)

zunker

Reaction score
To be fair let me correct what I said about the narrow pants for FW17. The willy post cords I tried were not skin tight on me like those from this summer. But they would need a tailor to let them out around my calves still. Probably do-able but still crazy narrow compared to anything else I try.

metalleka

Reaction score
Hey Guys - hope you can give me an assist with these, does anyone know the model names of these coats? Google does not give me much.

View attachment 802659 View attachment 802660 View attachment 802661

Just wanted to chime in on this, the last jacket is the Cagoule model. It's really an awesome cut. I have the grey front-zip version myself from last FW and I'm wearing it pretty much everyday. In the winter it works as a layering piece, in the summer as a wind-breaking parka. I'll probably get one with the back-zip as well eventually.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the FW16 olive double cloth Bedford pretty standard for Bedford sizing?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minadesay