• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the look of them not matching. I think it would look a bit too formal and off if they did. The look to complement each other nicely

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As promised here are pics of the corduroy suit.

pants look good skip, jacket not so much imho

I'd switch the andover for a long cardigan or the shawl collar knit robe or something similar

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pants look good skip, jacket not so much imho

I'd switch the andover for a long cardigan or the shawl collar knit robe or something similar

Yeah, I'll have to wear it out in the wild a bit and see what I think. The shawl collar knit cardi is on its way!

atlr

Reaction score

Does anyone have the french terry crewneck sweatshirt with suede elbow patches? Does it fit TTS? Thanks

I haven't tried on the crewneck, but I just got the gym hoodie and had to size up to an XL to get a comfortable fit. I'm usually a M in everything EG... Tried a L first but it was too short in the body.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Gym crew and hoodie also seemed slim and short to me so I sized up, but the knit is loose so there will be some stretch...your best bet is just to try it and see how you like the fit.

agvs

Reaction score
Alright so the Medium HB reversible coat was way too large on me. It's going back to Odin. I picked up the floral jacquard one in small from Tres Bien with a matching bucket from Forward. This fabric is great. I figured gray HB coats come and go but I'll never see a coat in this fabric again so I'm keeping it. Sorry for the dark night photo. I have 2 small kids and taking pics during the day is usually impossible.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the black polka dot tab collar shirt I kopped on sale at Inventory.

Man, what a great piece. You really can't understand how soft and unique the fabric is without actually having it in hand. I'm glad I waited for it to go on sale, but it's worth it even at full price IMO.

The cut is slim but not drastic and cropped but not by much. At 5'6" I'm always wishing my collared shirts were shorter at the hem and sleeves, but in a medium this piece is perfect on me.

And I'd just like to say thank you to Mr Suzuki for not insisting on buttons on his flys. No clue why it's just a given for everyone else. I love me some zippers.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I hate zipper flies. :devil:

Navy wool bedford from Forward. Trying on for funsies and sending it back, but I figured I may as well take a picture first.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Do you feel the zipper makes for a less aesthetically pleasing look or just the function? I really am curious. Never got the whole button fly craze.

The only aesthetic issues - which are admittedly minor - are that a) zippers are somewhat more prone to a tenting effect when you're seated and b) while fabrics tend to shrink and stretch with washes and wears, zippers don't. This can create a rippling effect or create a gap at the top of the zipper if it's extreme enough.

Mostly it's functional. The benefit of a zipper fly is to be able to urinate without unfastening one's belt and undoing the top button of one's pants. Most pants simply don't have a high enough rise to make this a viable option, so you end up having to undo your belt and top button anyway.

Personally, I'm kind of terrified of leaving my fly open in public, which I suppose isn't impossible with a button fly but is pretty damn unlikely relative to the risk of doing so with a zipper fly. Also, to borrow from a show and a comedian I don't particularly care for, "That is one place on my wardrobe I do not need sharp interlocking metal teeth."

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuricG