• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do all Nikes have good foot support?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
If you're worried about the comfort of Nike when walking I'd had to hear what you think about some gentlemen's shoes. All Nike sneakers are sneakers and made for comfort and performance, otherwise well, they wouldn't be Nike's. Maybe they've released some principle-breaking styles in the decades they've been around, but thats trivial.
Originally Posted by TheFedora
like dress shoes? I hate wearing dress shoes.. so uncomfortable.. I'd like a nice pair someday though that felt nice.
You guys should really consider an insole... try Superfeet. Make sure you buy the right one too. Different feet, different mechanics. I'm sure over pronating or supinating has something to do with the discomfort in wearing Chucks or several other shoes, for that matter. I'd be interested to hear from people who exhibit a natural stride and whether they have the same pain.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
TheKunk, with all due respect, your statement about New Balance being the "way to go" for arch support is an ignorant one. All of the large companies have different lines with differing levels of arch height. Furthermore, arch support doesn't really mean much, but terms like curved last vs. semi-curved last do.

scoon0224

Reaction score
Unless you're working out in these, it's probably not arch support thats killing you, it's just the alck of cushioning.

Shox are nasty for your feet/ankles/achilles/calves/knees however (and the nastiest style-wise IMO). They have NOOOOO support, just pure cushion, and will contribute to your foot becoming even weaker. There's a reason no runners wear them. There are no shox in the high end running line, the Bowerman series. They are a gimmick for the masses, nothing more.

With a shoe as flat as those Converse, it's probably just the lack of cushioning that's hurting your feet. Bare foot on concrete basically. A shoes that minimal just lets the foot move more like it naturally does, so unless your feet are inherently fucked (not many are) you likely just need a cushioned insole. Try not to let your feet slap on the ground either. Walk barefoot on grass or carpet, it's unlikely you slap them then. Let your foot roll.

I spend a lot of my bumming around time in Frees (my chiropractor practically prescribes them too, and it's all he wears. He's no hack either... travels the world with me and my track teammates)
They're goofy nerd ugly, but I don't really give a ****. My feet are my livelihood.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might try John Varvatos for Converse. They come with a removable cushioned insole, which makes them quite a bit more comfortable than normal Converse.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I think Vans Era/Authentics are a hell of a lot more comfy than Chucks. Stans are even better, if we're talking basics.

TheFedora

Reaction score
Well thanks for the advice I think I'll go with a "regular pair" of Nikes, what ever feels comfortable..

So Shox are actually bad for you huh? Damn..

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Well thanks for the advice I think I'll go with a "regular pair" of Nikes, what ever feels comfortable..

So Shox are actually bad for you huh? Damn..

get a pair of new balance retro runners

TheFedora

Reaction score

scoon0224

Reaction score
Pegasus would get my nod, haven't worn moto's for a few years but I liked them fine too.
Plus Pegasus are available in less offensive colourways, the Pegasus 25 SE.

I assume you are able to get hooked up on those two models, which is why you insist on them?

If you get shin splints from running, I'd look at the Zoom Structures if you can get the same hookup. They don't feel 'structured' when they're on, just a little support to take the edge off excessive pronation. I wear Structures almost exclusively (a bit of time in Pegasus) and put miles and miles on em. Can't comment on life. I don't keep track, and I get them free so have fresh pairs always getting rotated in.

TheFedora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scoon0224
Pegasus would get my nod, haven't worn moto's for a few years but I liked them fine too.
Plus Pegasus are available in less offensive colourways, the Pegasus 25 SE.

I assume you are able to get hooked up on those two models, which is why you insist on them?

If you get shin splints from running, I'd look at the Zoom Structures if you can get the same hookup. They don't feel 'structured' when they're on, just a little support to take the edge off excessive pronation. I wear Structures almost exclusively (a bit of time in Pegasus) and put miles and miles on em. Can't comment on life. I don't keep track, and I get them free so have fresh pairs always getting rotated in.

Sort of.. they're on clearance, so a lower price already, and I have a 20% clearance items coupon. Soo good price.

TheFedora

Reaction score
That reminds me, it's hard to find stuff on Nike's website sometimes.. especially if you don't know the name of it already to search.

For example you can't find the Cortez on the site unless you search for Cortez.

Does anyone know other styles like the Cortez?

About the Air Max 90- I really like these retro styles and plan on buying one in the future.. can't afford it right now. If I got one I wouldn't want to wear it out either.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
M1, AM Light, AM BW, AM90, 95, and 97 are great AM models, as well as some other retro runner like the Pegasus 89, Tailwind 92, and Structure Triax 91, etc..
Some stylish street wear sneakers are Dunks imo, great silhouette and has a rich history in sport wear/street wear
I love the Cortez as well, they just made a new version, that incorporates Nike's new flywire and free sole technology check them out, great take on a classic with a modern update

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
If you are getting serious about running, you need to go to a running store and have stride analysis done. But if you are just wanting something stylish, there are many sneakers out there. I like trail shoes for knocking around/wearing with jeans. They are usually in better colorways than normal running shoes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ERIC18018