• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crown Northampton Appreciation Thread

apd90700

Reaction score
Possibly the best slept on sneaker brand. Easily better than Common Projects based on the people that review these shoes for a living.

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Here are my Colour 8 CXL hi tops with a bit of wear on them

Attachments

• 47414D99-A6C8-4EC1-B1EF-13A530FBE6D7.jpeg
    47414D99-A6C8-4EC1-B1EF-13A530FBE6D7.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 436

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easily better than Common Projects
I don't even like CP's but they certainly look a lot better than these, so I guess it depends on what you value. Aesthetics typically outrank durability for me.

apd90700

Reaction score
I don't even like CP's but they certainly look a lot better than these, so I guess it depends on what you value. Aesthetics typically outrank durability for me.
Totally disagree, CP are a dime a dozen style wise.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally disagree, CP are a dime a dozen style wise.
Not that I’ve dug into this brand but from the screenshots you posted, the shapes look really bad. Leather sneakers with margom soles are “a dime a dozen style” these days, no matter how well built they are.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fit on these? I've been looking at them on and off for years, but never gotten further. Wider toe box than buttero?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toebox is too bulky for my taste. I prefer a lower profile. But leather looks nice.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Same, they look like the kind of shoes you put on children who aren't old enough to walk yet so that they'll look cute in the pram.

apd90700

Reaction score
Not that I’ve dug into this brand but from the screenshots you posted, the shapes look really bad. Leather sneakers with margom soles are “a dime a dozen style” these days, no matter how well built they are.
Those "pictures" are videos. Try watching one, the reviewers for these sneaker brands take a lot of time to test, break apart, and compare different brands, and they arrived at an independent and similar conclusion -- that CNH is the best minimalist sneaker if you're wanting the all around winner.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those "pictures" are videos. Try watching one, the reviewers for these sneaker brands take a lot of time to test, break apart, and compare different brands, and they arrived at an independent and similar conclusion -- that CNH is the best minimalist sneaker if you're wanting the all around winner.
I'm not interested in learning more about how great the "quality" is because they look horrible. There's a 1M companies doing leather sneaker like this and most of them look incredibly boring.

If you want a sneaker that you can pass down to you're grandkids or act like you're superior because your sneakers have steel shanks, or the grand champion of independent reviewers, go right ahead but understand that the values of CNH don't line up with everyone's priorities here. For many people, aesthetics are the main reason to make a purchase and these aren't good.

TLDR: Your better isn't everybody's.

apd90700

Reaction score
I'm not interested in learning more about how great the "quality" is because they look horrible. There's a 1M companies doing leather sneaker like this and most of them look incredibly boring.

If you want a sneaker that you can pass down to you're grandkids or act like you're superior because your sneakers have steel shanks, or the grand champion of independent reviewers, go right ahead but understand that the values of CNH don't line up with everyone's priorities here. For many people, aesthetics are the main reason to make a purchase and these aren't good.

TLDR: Your better isn't everybody's.
TLDW the people who review these sneakers for a living say they’re better. I don’t need to be everyone, just with those who make a living on judging these things. Also, you don’t have to go into a thread to talk down to people who like something. Be elsewhere where your subjective negativity will be valued more.

Goofy

Reaction score
The only thing preventing me from getting a pair of these is sizing. I‘ve watched rose anvil’s review a while ago. I value his unbiased opinion and look forward to eventually purchasing my first pair.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I want a pair of these in part because one can resole them. I hate the idea of a shoe where the upper is still fine (especially when it is leather, an animal product) but the sole has worn away and one has to chuck them. I had some Veja Esplars where that happened (they have particularly soft soles).

hollandn

Reaction score
Had my shell cordovan Crown Northampton sneakers for a couple of months now and really happy. Comfy and not likely to see anyone else wearing a pair. 403B188B-F40A-4F0E-B80E-D9C7232AFC7C.jpeg 7CD45721-AEA2-49D8-BE40-26F58D9F523E.jpeg DC1B986A-F0D9-4C8E-9C60-4A05922874C1.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PlantMedix