• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

chickenfark

Reaction score
C&J Brown Shell Lindrick

@Skelnik
@retrofalcon
@Caligula77
@TommyB
@2shift5
@AlucardX
@free
@thedangerzone
@likethisnothat
@jl54321

We have everyone's e-mails! Also, just realized it wasn't on the sheet, but brown eyelets? Same as in this picture:

Dragontail275

Reaction score
I'd like to say I'm in for the whiskey harlech, but I need some advice on sizing. I got in on the Rider whiskey shell GMTO through Reddit last year and, unfortunately, ended up with a boot that's too big and that I now need to sell (would love a harlech replacement). So, I'm rather paranoid about dropping another $700-800 and ending up with the same result.

I'm a size 8.5D US in the Marlow. I'm pretty much a size 9 US/8 UK in everything else except the Rider 40 last (no idea what my real size is, feels like I could size down quite a bit) and the Barrie and Trubalance Alden lasts (size 8.5 US for those). Since the 341 is an elongated toe and my foot is not wide, I'm tempted to err on the side of caution and size down to 7.5UK (which I believe would be 8.5 US. I'm also tempted to not lose anymore money on shoes that don't fit.

I'm going to London in May and was planning to get sized while I'm there. If only this GMTO were a few months later!

Any advice is appreciated!

chickenfark

Reaction score
Lindrick Order Finalizing!

@Skelnik
@retrofalcon
@Caligula77
@TommyB
@2shift5
@AlucardX
@free
@thedangerzone
@likethisnothat
@jl54321

Just copying the details from the order form to make sure I haven't missed anything or misrepresented anything. Hoping to submit in a few hours, so let me know if anything looks awry

STYLE: Lindrick
LAST: 325
MATERIAL: Brown
COLOUR: Cordovan
STITCHING (IF APPLICABLE): Brown (To match leather)
SOLE UNIT: Dainite
SOLE THICKNESS: Single
EDGE COLOUR: Antique
EYELETS/ SPEEDHOOKS:
All eyelets (brown)
SIZE: Various
WIDTH: E (US D)
COMMENTS Storm Welt

Last edited:

Skelnik

Reaction score
The specs look correct to me. I have already received an email from Lauren about my sizing. This seems to be progressing along well so far.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd like to say I'm in for the whiskey harlech, but I need some advice on sizing. I got in on the Rider whiskey shell GMTO through Reddit last year and, unfortunately, ended up with a boot that's too big and that I now need to sell (would love a harlech replacement). So, I'm rather paranoid about dropping another $700-800 and ending up with the same result.

I'm a size 8.5D US in the Marlow. I'm pretty much a size 9 US/8 UK in everything else except the Rider 40 last (no idea what my real size is, feels like I could size down quite a bit) and the Barrie and Trubalance Alden lasts (size 8.5 US for those). Since the 341 is an elongated toe and my foot is not wide, I'm tempted to err on the side of caution and size down to 7.5UK (which I believe would be 8.5 US. I'm also tempted to not lose anymore money on shoes that don't fit.

I'm going to London in May and was planning to get sized while I'm there. If only this GMTO were a few months later!

Any advice is appreciated!

I have a similar sized foot and went with UK8. The Marlows (Wingtips) are just about right with little extra room, but I can still get the quarters to pretty much close. Only Aldens for me are on Copey and Aberdeen in size U.S. 9, but they are not an ideal fit, could be tighter.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*** Whiskey Galway 2 update ***
Hello all!

I hope everyone is having a good start to the week. I wanted to put the most recent developments regarding the Galway 2 in whiskey GMTO. As of 11/14, we have 11 interested and confirmed members on this order. This is really great as anyone who was unsure before has either left or confirmed their intention. That being said, we need 1 more participant to get the order submitted for this amazing boot! I really hope we can get it done by the end of the week. Once we get number 12, I will email Lauren the list and get this moving very quickly. I have reached out to any threads and I thought might be relevant but if you have any ideas you're welcome to spread the word! The more the merrier; backups are always helpful for unforeseen circumstances. If I've forgotten anyone on the list below please let me know or if you need to drop please update the post with necessary edits. Thanks to everyone for sticking this out. It will be worth it!

Lineup:
@KPDarb
@Doubleskyline
@nishant
@wooksb
@scubajose
@cxzizou
@likethisnothat
@Caligula77
@Resistant
@bugula
@mraza

Current spec of the boot:

• Galway 2
  • 325 last
  • Whiskey cordovan
  • 4+4 eyelets/hooks in vintage brass
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
  • Danite sole
  • No pull tab*

Hello CJ community!

We are still waiting on payment from two participants. Pernilla and myself have reached out to these members and have no received a response. If I don't hear anything by Friday, I will open the spots to anyone who wants in on the order. Please add yourself to the backups section of the spreadsheet and/or PM me your email/intent. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

tkebh979

Reaction score
Warlow 2.0:

Lauren confirms with factory: expected deliveries by end-of-January/early February.
lurker[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members