• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crittenden - The Worlds Finest Hand Tailored Clothing

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
But since vehicles in general were brought it up, here it goes.

The Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche Group (Porsche rejoined VAG sometime in 2005 after leaving sometime in the mid 1990s) will finally terminate their dinosaur W12 and is starting to replace it with a proper V12. A gargantuan HALLELUIAH!!!!! to that!

But unlike the TDI (turbo diesel injection, in this case, with common rail fuel injection-basically direct fuel injection for diesel engines) only V12 in the Q7 (which is longitudinally mounted with a 60 degree wide angle but with V10 size, weight and space efficiency-how, I do not know, but still a proper V12, never the less), the V12 in other VAPG vehicles will be a more proper longitudinally mounted 90 degree wide angle DOHC 48V (direct fuel injection for petroleum fuel-which will be regularly aspirated with the V12-and common rail fuel injection-again, basically direct fuel injection for diesel-which is in the process of going from turbocharged to twin turbocharged for all diesel engines at VAPG-HALLELUIAH!!!!! to that) V12 with some technology called valve-lift, which will also have V10 size, weight and space efficiency (again, how, I do not know, unfortunately).

Throughout overseas, Audi is already considered on par with or better than BMW and Mercedes Benz. However, this has yet to happen in North America.

However, Consumer Reports (who alone, typically surveys 800,000-900,000 vehicle owners per year; in 2006, CR alone surveyed 1,300,000-1,400,000 vehicle owners) confirmed that with the exception of the O7 V8 and A8/A8L/S8 that since 2005, Audi is now only surpassed by Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda/Acura and Subaru in quality, reliability, durability and dependability, which makes Audi's gargantuan improvements in these areas official.

Of course, JD Power and Associates and Strategic Vision beg to differ. But they think that Jaguar (which is almost indescribably far behind BMW, Mb and even Audi) is now close to Lexus with Mercedes Benz once again being on par with or better than Lexus in quality, reliability, durability and dependability with these people also thinking that Subaru has always been bad and may be getting worse in these areas. JD P&A and SV also still thinks that all Audis are still bad and possibly getting worse in these areas. Obviously, this information that JD P&A and SV is passing out to people is a catastrophic load of garbage.

Plus, JD P&A alone typically only surveys 200,000-300,000 vehicle owners per year with SV alone typically only surveying 100,000-200,000 vehicle owners per year. That means JD P&A and SV combined typically survey only 300,000-500,000 vehicle owners per year. The year 2006 was no exception to this.

If you do the math, JD P&A and SV combined typically survey 300,000 to 500,000 fewer vehicle owners per year than CR alone typically surveys per year. In 2006, CR alone surveyed 800,000to 1,100,000ore vehicle owners than JD P&A and SV combined surveyed in 2006.

Therefore, unless JD P&A and SV agree with CR when it comes to anything automotive related, CR is platinum while JD P&A and SV are sewage.

This is all solid proof that CR, as an automotive source, is superior to JD P&A and SV as automotive sources to the point that it almost indescribable.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
If Lexus stops teasing and finally make the LF-A ....

Oh, the LF-A is definitely coming, but I have a hard time imagining it will be worth buying now that the Nissan GTR is available. The GTR sells for $80k, and I hear the Lexus is going to come in around $120k. There is no better performance value out there than the GTR--hell, there aren't that many better peformers out there, period.

Still, both are kind of ugly. I appreciate Nissan's effort to make a more Japanese looking car, but it looks awfully piece-meal. The LF-A, as with all other Lexii, is painfully bland. I think all the Japanese makers should look at Honda's S2000 to see how a beautiful Japanese car should look.

kngrimm

Reaction score
What about Corvette's new super-charged blue devil? It's 100k I think and it should beat the GTR if I'm hearing the correct stats... should be easily over 600hp, I think.

Anyway, at these numbers it's all so close...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Still, both are kind of ugly.

For that and many other reasons, I think I will stick with my '02 M3, which has about five years of...uhm...bespoke...mods to make it faster and crisper than stock.

281057064_JyTfH-L.jpg

- B

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ Sure, but Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti still lag behind Mercedes and BMW in qualitative measures. In some instances, they don't have the capacity to compete at the same level (Lexus isn't going to make a V-12 anytime soon, and Acura won't even put money into a V-8). Moreover, they aren't any cheaper than Cadillac, and when equally equipped, not significantly cheaper than the Germans. If the Crittenden suit is as described, it would be like a top-of-the-line Lexus LS460h selling for $25k.

I agree totally with your post. But wouldn't you agree that "if the Crittenden suit is as described, it would be like a top-of-the-line Lexus LS460h selling for $25k.", then they really have achieved something which should work well in the marketplace., and it would be a heck of a development by Crittendon.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Sure, but Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti still lag behind Mercedes and BMW in qualitative measures.
In driving factors, the BMW beats Lexus on many models but Benz is overrated in many areas. One real weakness they have (learned from my detailing hobby) is absolutely horrible orange peel in the paint yet can have a $20-30K+ premium versus the comparable Lexus model. The new Lexus 460 paint is on par with hand lacquered Bentleys from a flatness and gloss standpoint.

The LFA is definitely coming. The IS 350 handles about the same as a BMW 3 Series. They are quite nice and a new direction for Lexus.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
I agree totally with your post. But wouldn't you agree that "if the Crittenden suit is as described, it would be like a top-of-the-line Lexus LS460h selling for $25k.", then they really have achieved something which should work well in the marketplace., and it would be a heck of a development by Crittendon.

I think mafoo's point is that such an animal does not exist.

thomaus247

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
For that and many other reasons, I think I will stick with my '02 M3, which has about five years of...uhm...bespoke...mods to make it faster and crisper than stock.

281057064_JyTfH-L.jpg

- B

Saweeeet!

I don't know about the garment, but whatever you do don't go drinking with Crit. Regardless of his age he delights in drinking most under the table...and then hitting another location.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I think mafoo's point is that such an animal does not exist.

Yes, it does seem too good to be true.

And you know the old rule about something that seems too good to be true.

But supposedly the Crittendon $895 Blazer compares well to an Oxxford $2500 Blazer.

Probably a bit of a stretch in that claim but it's also probably a heck of a value for $895.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just to bring things back to the original post, this photo of a Crittenden coat...

http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...4&d=1208376628

...has a look that neither impresses nor leads me to expect any real market gains. If the block patterns are vapid, and the cutting uninspired or done by tailors with no deep knowledge, no amount of tiny, tiny handsewn stitches is going to make a bit of difference.

Perhaps it signals a trend, however. But, it is hard for me to imagine that with culture of tailored clothing shrinking, that any attempt to re-establish such a delicate heritage in a location not known for producing such items is going to meet with market-changing success.

The car analogy falls apart for me because car manufacturing has represented an ever expanding market...almost exponentially so...encouraging innovation and new entrants.

The market for a handsewn garment is not governed particularly by price, and the clientele for it is not an expanding constituency...at least, based on my observation of what is around in a major urban center.

The problem today with tailored clothing is not that handsewing is so expensive, but that tastes are so bad and values have relegated such items to non existence, or intermittant uncomfortable use, in the typical male wardrobe.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomaus247
Saweeeet!

I don't know about the garment, but whatever you do don't go drinking with Crit. Regardless of his age he delights in drinking most under the table...and then hitting another location.

I like him already.

But not the jacket posted in this thread.

- B

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AMAR420
looks really nice but can't compare with Brioni bespoke I'll tell ya

I take it you went to the Milan flagship store (that is the only place you can get traditional bespoke with a Brioni label on it - it used to be Rome but now it is Naples) for your Brioni bespoke. Tell us now, how were the results?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw some of the stuff at the Haberdashery trade show in Jan, but did not examine closely.

His reps said it would sell in Paul Stuart.

I have not confirmed this.

Crit Rawlings used to head Oxxford so he knows what their standard is.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, the LF-A is definitely coming, but I have a hard time imagining it will be worth buying now that the Nissan GTR is available. The GTR sells for $80k, and I hear the Lexus is going to come in around $120k. There is no better performance value out there than the GTR--hell, there aren't that many better peformers out there, period.

Still, both are kind of ugly. I appreciate Nissan's effort to make a more Japanese looking car, but it looks awfully piece-meal. The LF-A, as with all other Lexii, is painfully bland. I think all the Japanese makers should look at Honda's S2000 to see how a beautiful Japanese car should look.

Me likey the GTR very much! The only problem is when I spoke to the Nissan importer here, the car will probably arrive in NL next year and the price will be double that of the States.
plain.gif
And from the reviews so far, this car is just plain awesome.

I personally like the looks of the GTR and LF-A. The Japanese are now moving away from aping Italian design and doing something more 'Japanese'. I read somewhere that the inspiration was the 'mecha' esthetic. The only thing I like about the M5 is the usuable rear seats and the lack of a wing compared to the above Japanese two.

... end of thread derailing...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member