• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat

blc456

Reaction score
Hi All,

I ordered this jacket from Suit Suppy the other day and wanted to get feedback on how it fits. This is right out of the box without any tailoring done. It is usually pretty tough to find things that fit me, but I am actually pleased with how this fits. I think the shoulders may be a bit big and the left sleeve needs to be let out a bit (They have working buttonholes but there is fabric and it should only need to be let out a little bit).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Don't mind the rest of my outfit, it just happened to be what I was wearing.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Overall..not bad at all...That left sleeve is a little short...

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your left sleeve because of your posture, your left shoulder is lower, and you have a stooped posture and lean kinda left, can't see too well but could be your right hip is higher. Because your posture the collar area is a little off why there are those lines on the upper back, and the shoulders are a bit wide.

I was expecting a lot worse as with most online MTM suits. Overall it's much better than what the general public wears. Find a good tailor to clean it up a little, but more importantly have him measure you as well so you can compare your measurements, and you can include it in your notes for future orders to the factory can make adjustments for your posture etc. so the balance and fit will be better.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not bad at all!

Really been meaning to try out Suit Supply now that there's an NYC store. Are their jackets half canvassed?

hrb

Reaction score
post this in the indochino thread as reference point for alternatives..

bluesman528

Reaction score

Are their jackets half canvassed?

In the case of the Washington and Roma cuts, definitely yes, these cuts are used for their suits, too. Some odd jacket cuts are completely unconstructed, though. The OP's jacket is a Washington cut (Drop 8, 3 roll 2 buttons, peak lapels), here with Wool-Cashmere fabric. Quite nice RTW fit, I think.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
Nice SC, the back can be taken in a bit, it's pretty clean from the front.

I have a suit by Suitsupply in the washington style, quite a similar fabric as wel. It cost me €300,- with about € 100,- in alterations and it is pretty much spot on. I would suggest people check out the brand before trying trying online suit MTM. There's too many variables involved in suitmaking, you're bound to trip up somewhere, as is apparant all to often in the Online MTM-fit-critques on SF.
I can't yet comment on Suitsupply quality, I haven't had my suit that long, in this price range it might be smart to stick to the heavier wools.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

post this in the indochino thread as reference point for alternatives..

Nice SC, the back can be taken in a bit, it's pretty clean from the front.
I have a suit by Suitsupply in the washington style, quite a similar fabric as wel. It cost me €300,- with about € 100,- in alterations and it is pretty much spot on. I would suggest people check out the brand before trying trying online suit MTM. There's too many variables involved in suitmaking, you're bound to trip up somewhere, as is apparant all to often in the Online MTM-fit-critques on SF.
I can't yet comment on Suitsupply quality, I haven't had my suit that long, in this price range it might be smart to stick to the heavier wools.

Exactly. It takes 3 or 4 tries to get an online MTM shirt right based off measurements from a well enough fitting shirt, let alone going online MTM suits. It bewilders me how people can jump straight into and continue wasting so much time and money on online MTM from the likes of Indochino all the while getting poor fitting suits order after order, remake after remake. Instead of all that trouble, might as well just go back to off the rack with alterations or if you are really that hard to fit go to a reputable store and do a proper made to measure.

Last edited:

blc456

Reaction score

In the case of the Washington and Roma cuts, definitely yes, these cuts are used for their suits, too. Some odd jacket cuts are completely unconstructed, though. The OP's jacket is a Washington cut (Drop 8, 3 roll 2 buttons, peak lapels), here with Wool-Cashmere fabric. Quite nice RTW fit, I think.

This is correct. It is the Washington cut and is half canvassed. It is a 90%wool/10% cashmere blend.

That's a pretty good fit. Do most 40L's of the rack fit you fairly well? 

'
Most 40L's off the rack are a bit big on me. This is by far the best 40L OTR that I have tried.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member