• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CEGO for styleforum - "Do Not Starch" RTW slimfit shirts + internet mtm

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now we are finishing up our first run of RTW slim-fit shirts, mostly designed with SW+D members in mind, under the label "Do Not Starch." The fit should appeal to most of you. The patterns benefit from Carl's 25+ years of experience as a shirtmaker, and were "inspired" by a few of the brands we love at this forum. For example, at one point we had a full size run of band of outsiders in the shop.

The first run of shirts will be made in a small batch that we'll sell over the phone or on the webstore. They are a a simple blue striped oxford buttondown. They are made to the same standard(by the same people, actually) as our custom shirts.

Depending on the success of this run, we would be interested in exploring collaborations with styleforum - on future shirts, or even shirt jackets.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, anyone who purchases these shirts would be able to take part in a modified version of our custom process. Internet "mtm." We would be able to accommodate modifications to the pattern at a nominal, or even no fee for future shirts. Basically, you would send us detailed pictures from a variety of angles , and together we'll determine what modifications are needed for future shirts. You would then get your own customized pattern, from which you would be able to select fabrics from anything we have in the shop. Having used jantzen myself, I would say that this process would yield better results.

While not finalized, the shirts will sell for approximately $110 after the SF discount. Sizing and fit information below:

Small:
Neck: 14.5''
Chest: 37''
Waist: 36''
Hips: 37''
Yoke: 17''
Sleeves: 33''
Tail Length: 26''

Medium:
Neck: 15.5''
Chest: 41''
Waist: 39''
Hips: 40''
Yoke: 17.5''
Sleeves: 34 ''
Tail Length: 27''

Large:
Neck: 16.5''
Chest:: 44''
Waist: 42''
Hips: 43''
Yoke: 18.25''
Sleeves: 34.5''
Tail Length: 27.5''

All shirts feature a less curved tail (to look nice untucked), back darts, and higher armholes with narrower sleeves. They are meant to be worn untucked.

Fabric:
swatch-1.jpg

uploadthis.jpg

The shirts are not ready yet, but we are expecting delivery within the next 2 weeks. If you wish to reserve your size, please send me a PM. The first run will only have a few of each size. After that, we can take orders on an MTO basis, or you can wait until the next run. You can direct any questions to either Shirtmaven or myself via PM, or if you post in this thread one of us will answer.

Blog Marley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any chance of getting them made without shirt pockets?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have two CEGO shirts and they are very nice. One is my go-to shirt for going out on jacket/jeans occasions. Highly recommended. Best of luck with this venture!

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini

The shirts look great but damn is there a difference between small and medium.

I'm definitely interested but I think I fall right into the seemingly large gap between small and medium.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
The proportions on the shirts seem kind of out of wack to me, particularly if you are modeling them after BoO. - The neck seems far too small - There is too much room in the chest relative to the shoulders and the disparity becomes more severe as you move up sizes (according to your measurements). - The tail length is even shorter than BoO Here is a link for the BoO measurements http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=740 Too be honest I'm not even that impressed with the fit on the model shown above. I think there is a ton of potential for CEGO & team to put out an incredible shirt that will serve styleforum well, I just don't understand the current proportions... but maybe I'm missing something.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
The shirts look great but damn is there a difference between small and medium.

the shirts are probably phenom made, but I agree with ^^^^

and 39" around the torso for a size Med isnt very slim fitting. In comparison, the OTR slimfit shirts I have are 41" around the chest and 37 or 38" around torso depending on shirt

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, for most of the runs on the forum of various makers i was between sizes as well. Anyway, the fit model is between sizes, and it's a quickly taken non ironed pic. Just something we threw on an athletic guy from next door. Measurements are often misleading. I have many shirts that fit great but all have different measurements, often significantly different, mostly because of how the shirt falls over the body.

THe sizes were designed to fit the following chest sizes: the Small fits a ~34'' chest, the medium fits a ~37'' and a large fits a 40''

Pockets are easy to remove. Neck/shoulder ratios can be changed on future orders through the Custom process described above.

EDIT: Finally, I reposted the measurements. Some measurements were half an inch smaller than they were supposed to be as I had calculated shrinkage in twice.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two sort of related questions:

1) The large is for a 40" chest. Is that the same as a suit coat size of 40? Why does it list chest as 44" (Apologies for clearly not knowing anything about measurements)

2) Your website gives hours "by appt only". Does that mean I have to call ahead to visit? Every time I think about coming to your store I see that... and get put off by it somehow and end up not making the trip. So finally I'm asking here what is the deal... thanks.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could get these in a graph check/glen plaid pattern I'd be extremely interested. Can't seem to find shirts like this at retail.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
Two sort of related questions:

1) The large is for a 40" chest. Is that the same as a suit coat size of 40? Why does it list chest as 44" (Apologies for clearly not knowing anything about measurements)

2) Your website gives hours "by appt only". Does that mean I have to call ahead to visit? Every time I think about coming to your store I see that... and get put off by it somehow and end up not making the trip. So finally I'm asking here what is the deal... thanks.

1: The large is meant to be worn by someone who would traditionally wear a 40 suit.

2: Yes, but if you walk in we wouldn't hold it against you. You can call even two hours ahead and it'll be fine... We have this to ensure that we don't have 10 people in the shop at once, and also to ensure that we're actually there to help you when you walk in.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellerodrigue