• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brands geared towards averagely big guys?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
I haven't seen anyone on this site wear womens jeans.

I did in at least one waywt. But I'm not self-respecting or professional, and am probably gay - don't tell the OP, but it's my dearest dream to get him into my tightest pair of jeans.

osadolor619

Reaction score
bored.gif

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S-Town
So if everyone agrees that 34"-36" is "fat", then I suggest that 28"-30" is "*****". Dude, keep browsing stores and brands. You will find tons of stuff.

I agree. Look at this ***** with a 30" waist.

steve-reeves-cut.jpeg.jpg

Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y
LOL @ people telling me to loose weight.

First of all, weight has nothing to do with anything. If any of you knew anything about sports, health, and nutrition, they would know this.

Second, can I help it if I've played hockey and other sports all my life, and am perfectly content at exactly how my body is? I personally would rather be able to run up the CN Tower and crush people on the boards than wear girls jeans. I also work in a very professional environment, and no self respecting man (especially Gay men) than I know would ever be caught dead wearing women's jeans. Which makes me wonder...what do you guys even do during the day? Besides snort laxatives.

And third, I just feel bad for the trolls here. For someone to tell me, or anyone, that my body type is wrong and that it needs to change, is the exact same thing as me saying "You guys are way too *****, you need to eat a little more ******". I didn't ask how I can fit into clothes I have no interest in, I asked what brands/designers cater to people exactly like me: average.

Anyways, if anyone cares to retort, I am happy to shut them down.

-PL>Y

Incoherent post of the day for sure, unless I completely missed the part where people were advocating wearing women's jeans.

951socal

Reaction score
^too bad everyone on here with a 30" waist looks no where near him, nor can they afford the amount of hormone needed to be that size.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
^too bad everyone on here with a 30" waist looks no where near him, nor can they afford the amount of hormone needed to be that size.

Dude prob doesn't weigh as much as you think. No, not everyone has superhuman genetics, but looking like that without drugs is far from unheard of. Nothing like the massmonsters of late

coco2010

Reaction score
u can achieve that look naturally. it just takes time and dedication.

there natural bodybuilders today who look bigger than him without any sort of gear.

S-Town

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1

Dude, I wasn't saying that all people with 30" waists are pussies. I was commenting that it's bullshit to overgeneralize and assume 34"-36" is obese.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What size?

That's mostly build/body type. Just a full meso body type.

Here's the thing. He isn't even that lean. Only veins showing are on his arms. No veins elsewhere. Not even his neck or forehead. Abs aren't really defined.

In simple terms he's out of competion form
laugh.gif
If he had a 34 inch waist he might be obese.

coco2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
What size?

That's mostly build/body type. Just a full meso body type.

Here's the thing. He isn't even that lean. Only veins showing are on his arms. No veins elsewhere. Not even his neck or forehead. Abs aren't really defined.

In simple terms he's out of competion form
laugh.gif

I know a fat dude with veins on his forehead ...true story
sarcasm.gif

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'1" and 215 isn't that big and test is cheap, so most anyone can afford to be that size or bigger, but all the money in the world ain't buying perfect genetics
Originally Posted by Nicola
What size? That's mostly build/body type. Just a full meso body type. Here's the thing. He isn't even that lean. Only veins showing are on his arms. No veins elsewhere. Not even his neck or forehead. Abs aren't really defined. In simple terms he's out of competion form
laugh.gif

Yeah well, this is how bodybuilders looked before drugs were available. I'd like to see any current pro look half this good off the spray/diuretics, and they'd still have the advantage of everything they had gained while on it.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God I wish it would revert back to when Zane was an ideal bodybuilder type. I can't stand this **** as of late........just looks horrrrrrible IMO. Hey......maybe OP has a GH gut from his strong history in athletics.
laugh.gif
For real though, 34" isn't obese by any means but it's pushing the envelope at being overweight. OP is probably just a thick, blocky type guy (rugby like build). If you want your clothes to be more flattering you have to cut down and get more proportionate though, real talk. and OP, this is coming from one of the guys that's pretty intense in the gym and has actually been ridiculed on here for having such large thighs
bounce2.gif
Everybody's being sarcastic but there's a touch of truth in it. Blocky figures aren't flattering in clothing, tapers are. *This is all assuming you have the frame that I'm thinking of.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing for several years that bodybuilding is going back to a more "proportional" aesthetic but have yet to notice any difference. Part of the problem with any judged competition

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1

Honestly, not impressed unless he can actually do athletic activities. I'm guessing not, but I'm prepared to be surprised.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is amazing, have someone saying a guy who deadlifts 500lbs has a week lower body and someone saying a guy who is like 10% body fat isn't lean. All you guys complaining j crew small isn't small enough must be ******* stacked.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrylB