• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I think of Buday boots, I think of chunky, sturdy, high quality, indestructible and still beautifully finished smart-casual footwear.

"Sleek" and "elegant" and "dress boots" generally don't break into the top 10 of the first thoughts that come to mind.

At least they didn't.

Saw these posted on the Best of Buy and Sell (huge props to @razl
 ) offered buy super-good-guy @edmorel
  and pulled the trigger.

orig.jpg
These are brown museum calf - though my quick pics as I got home in failing light don't capture the mottling effect very well. Overall just a tremendously well-executed pair of Oxford boots.
orig.jpg
But they ARE Budays, so you know there is some rock solid construction baked in. Check out the gotta-be-more-than-double leather soles and weapons-grade toe taps. Ready to stomp at a moment's notice.
orig.jpg
Thanks to Ed for the excellent fit advice - they feel great. At least until I try to see which breaks in first - those soles or my feet!

I'm very curious to hear your feedback on the Buday''s after a few wearings, if you're willing to offer any. I stopped in their store while in Budapest, but they just didn't move me, so I decided not to pick up any.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very curious to hear your feedback on the Buday''s after a few wearings, if you're willing to offer any. I stopped in their store while in Budapest, but they just didn't move me, so I decided not to pick up any.

I'd be happy to. But other than a slow and possibly painful break-in of those THICK leather soles, I doubt that there's anything I won't like.

Buday's usual thick / strudy / chunky aesthetic doesn't find widespread representation within my rotation (though I do love my Dinkelacher Budapesters) - so I'm not sure I would leave their store with an armful of new shoes and boots. But they do have sleeker offerings, such as the subject boots and a similarly sleek pair of green chukkas that Ed offered in the same buy and sell post.

I do regret NOT purchasing these chunky stompers when I had the chance, though:

orig.jpg

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know it's a good day when your biggest decision is which pair to wear to Disney on Ice

Well I don't see a bad choice at all. Which pair did you choose? The ones one the far right look the most comfortable!! Nice Boots!

Dieg0

Reaction score
I'd be happy to. But other than a slow and possibly painful break-in of those THICK leather soles, I doubt that there's anything I won't like.

Buday's usual thick / strudy / chunky aesthetic doesn't find widespread representation within my rotation (though I do love my Dinkelacher Budapesters) - so I'm not sure I would leave their store with an armful of new shoes and boots. But they do have sleeker offerings, such as the subject boots and a similarly sleek pair of green chukkas that Ed offered in the same buy and sell post.

I do regret NOT purchasing these chunky stompers when I had the chance, though:

orig.jpg

I understand you feel sad not purchasing these one's, I feel the same. And RogerP, your Buday's rock :D

chelseaboots

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm looking for a (very) dark brown suede Chelsea boots with rubber sole (and Goodyear welt).

I've tried to search everywhere but only find a few good Chelsea's.

http://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/newtrider-arundel-snuff-suede

These are the best so far but if they were a bit more darker they would be perfect.

https://www.skolyx.se/en/shoes/245-chelsea-boot-dark-brown-suede.html

Also these Skolyx Chelsea's would be super perfect but I hate that tip of the shoe.

If you know some Chelsea boots with those specifications I would appreciate it if you could tell me. Price max. 300£

Thanks and sorry about my bad English :)

Last edited:

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@chelseaboots

If you can swing another 50 notes you'll be able to get your hands on a pair of RM Williams Craftsman from A Hume or any of the English retailers that carry them.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member