• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Navy Calf Indy from Ealdwine, only 12 made.
20230627_183541.jpg
20230627_183740.jpg
20230627_183657.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Ravello Indys.
20230628_105828.jpg
20230628_105854.jpg
20230628_105918.jpg

Blastwice

Reaction score
AE from the mass drop that seems to have been forever ago.
View attachment 1982183

These were a great product for the time. Cheap, light as a feather, great suede and a great foot silhouette. They were a sort of bare minimum shoe, but the suede was elegant and buttery soft.

Mine lasted several years before a squeeky heel and the yearn to explore better shoes eventually forced them out of the rotation.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These were a great product for the time. Cheap, light as a feather, great suede and a great foot silhouette. They were a sort of bare minimum shoe, but the suede was elegant and buttery soft.

Mine lasted several years before a squeeky heel and the yearn to explore better shoes eventually forced them out of the rotation.
Yeah I don’t wear them often, but whenever I do I always think, I forgot how comfy these are.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been an Alden Indy week (except Thursday which was a public holiday so slippers & sandals only).
Hunting Green Suede Indys.
20230630_175611.jpg
20230630_175642.jpg
20230630_175657.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stswervus

Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendations for boots. I am currently using some Arc'Teryx Acrux TR GTX boots, which I bought in July. I really like them, but the side has just split and now they're not waterproof. I will take this up with the supplier, but in the meantime I need a recommendation as I'm not going to buy the Arc'Teryx again. I realise that the first question is what I use them for. I live in Snowdonia and walk at least a few miles every day. It's wet here so I need a boot that is entirely waterproof. Most walking is on slate or earth paths but there is a bit of tarmac too. There's also some scrambling on rock, but I won't be climbing in them. I can be out all day but distances aren't huge, maybe 10-12 miles, there's a lot of up and down. I don't climb up mountains in the winter so don't need to attach crampons. I had a pair of Scarpa Terra before for years and they were super comfortable but not very grippy. Ideally I don't want something that's going to take a season to break in. I am happy to pay more if I can have something that lasts a few years. Any obvious brands you would recommend as a starting point? Rest of my kit is a mix of ArcTeryx, Haglofs and Berghaus.
i live in the Pacific Northwest in the US. It's wet and cold here, especially in the mountains. I do lots of hiking year round. Most of my days are 18-25 mile hikes with gains in the ballpark of 6-8,000 feet. The point being I use and abuse my footwear when out hiking. I've been wearing Asolo boots exclusively for the last 8-9 years. They perform wonderfully. I swear by my Arcteryx coat and other gear but I have zero experience with their footwear. I would image a hiking or trekking forum may give you a broader range of feedback and recommendations than this particular one. Hope this helps in any way. Take care!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David244