• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

sepp

Reaction score
Guys,

I will be dropping by Hong Kong for a short trip next month. There are some specialty stores (Ink) and YYPH resellers there from what I gathered.

Anything else worthwhile to explore while my kids and wife are at Disneyland over there? LOL!

Auximenes

Reaction score
@sepp i especially liked the small fishing villages which you can reach by bus, within 30mn of downtown if i recall. You can end up having a bbq on the beach, pretty cool. Some of these places are slightly rough, so ideal to visit on your own.

@nicelynice i really really like your layer 0 pants (they seem to have some hues of blue ?). What is that model called ?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're sail hemp, awesome material. And you're correct, they're blue overdyed black, so have an awesome uneven color. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the cut. It's, uh, a good cut, though.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's American pant, pnp has wool version. Sail hemp rarer, boutique Roma might still have a pair in a few sizes in stock. I like these pants with a thin white around the hem.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Posted on Baller boot thread, too, but I just wanted to suggest that for any of you "intallekshulls" out there, you might be interested in picking up a back copy of the Lapham's Quarterly Fall 2015 issue on Fashion. Pretty interesting compendium of writings about the topic from bc to present times. HG Bissinger's "My Gucci Addiction" is itself worth the price of admission. When reading it, just replace "Gucci" with "Your Favorite Designer."

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. Right here.

It's pretty long and meanders a bit but there are some winning passages that I can relate to.

I purchased in bed at night, happy that the melancholia of the day was over and I had somehow gotten through it and deserved a little extra. If there was an item that I had somehow warded off in the morning, I bought it. If something caught my eye, gave me the slightest rush, I hit the "purchase now" button. I bought with my cell phone while waiting to have lunch with someone, or dinner, or a drink. I bought while I was having lunch with someone, or dinner, or a drink, happy when they went to the bathroom so I could finish the transaction without interruption.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Hey guys if I fit in size 50-52 in most rick jackets whats the sizing like for bbs jackets. Does BBS fit slim for like RO jackets or tts

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His most expensive boots are $2600, pfff what a small timer.

Random idea: Synthese writes an essay set in the future bemoaning how he has turned blue after countless exposures to indigo bleeding.

Not really the right thread, but BBS medium is like Rick 48 or even slimmer. YMMV

docdocgs

Reaction score
I think he hit rehab before the advent of m_moriabc. Of course, he might fall right off the wagon if he ever sees them.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Yep. Right here.

It's pretty long and meanders a bit but there are some winning passages that I can relate to.

I purchased in bed at night, happy that the melancholia of the day was over and I had somehow gotten through it and deserved a little extra. If there was an item that I had somehow warded off in the morning, I bought it. If something caught my eye, gave me the slightest rush, I hit the "purchase now" button. I bought with my cell phone while waiting to have lunch with someone, or dinner, or a drink. I bought while I was having lunch with someone, or dinner, or a drink, happy when they went to the bathroom so I could finish the transaction without interruption.

I think the one in Lapham's is an excerpt, because it's only a few pages, but it captures all the crazy.
Another piece in the volume is by Denis Diderot, from 1772. It is the one responsible for the recent development of the concept of the "Diderot effect," of which we should all be aware. And beware. Embrace your progressively acquisitive discontent!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexcruz