• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

mcl911

Reaction score
Last email I receive from him was 3 months ago about some detail about my aurum. Should I wait patiently or email and ask?
"i have finished the modifications on your last and on the drowing for cut the leather upper.

i wuld like to know if you like the decorations in attached photos

if yes ,tomorrow i can start to cut the upper for your final shoes"

Last edited:

sd2002

Reaction score
Antonio usually take 5 months from the order placement to being done. Still he is always nice about giving updates of you email him.

mcl911

Reaction score

Antonio usually take 5 months from the order placement to being done. Still he is always nice about giving updates of you email him.

I am pretty sure he is watching this post haha. Just receive an email from him.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure he is watching this post haha. Just receive an email from him.
Hi Antonio
nod[1].gif

Nomies

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Been creeping around for a while doing equal measures of reading and drooling and I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

I have a modified last that Enzo Bonafé made for me, from measurements taken in person. Could this modified last work as a substitute for a test shoe? I mean to help Antonio get a better fit faster. It's not a matter of price, it's just that I am in a situation where I'd like to speed things along. Would you guys still get a test shoe?

Does Antonio take away from lasts if necessary or only if specifically requested? The modified lasts from Bonafé only has fitting pieces added to it and nothing else done. A better fit would have been achieved by shortening the heel and sanding down the area where creases normally appear, since there was a little too much air there. When testing the test shoe I put forward the feedback about the heel and their solution was to add a heel distancer or whatever it's called. Hence why I am asking if Antonio does all kinds of modifications and not only the basic fitting pieces.

I have asked Antonio this in an email but as is well known he is very busy and has not had time to get back to me about that. My thought was that a few of you might have modified lasts with these kind of alterations done and could thus answer.

Antonios bespoke shoes trees, are they a copy of the base last or a true bespoke shoes tree made from the modified last? Also, would this shoes tree be modified for alterations not done on the actual last but inside the shoe, such as building up extra support around the arch of the foot? Enzo Bonafé did this arch support very well and I have grown quite fond of it. Having a shoes tree not altered for this would with time destroy the support and shape of the shoe by pushing it outwards.

Dieg0

Reaction score
Bad idea to use a modified RTW last from another maker as a test shoe. Just go bespoke or send your measures (far more interesting) that were taken during your bone measuring to Antonio as a basis for a test shoe.

Nomies

Reaction score
Bad idea to use a modified RTW last from another maker as a test shoe. Just go bespoke or send your measures (far more interesting) that were taken during your bone measuring to Antonio as a basis for a test shoe.
I do not mean for him to make a test shoe on the modified last. I mean that the modified last can act as a secondary measurement alongside the ones I take. I am no professional in the area so maybe I measure the wrong way? Antonio then also has an actual last that he can take his own measurements on and with the help of my current feedback of that modified last perhaps skip the test shoe and go straight for finished shoe? I hope I'm making any sense. I cannot send him the measurements taken by Enzo since I feel I cannot ask that of them. I am no longer a client of Enzo's.

Dieg0

Reaction score
I do not mean for him to make a test shoe on the modified last. I mean that the modified last can act as a secondary measurement alongside the ones I take. I am no professional in the area so maybe I measure the wrong way? Antonio then also has an actual last that he can take his own measurements on and with the help of my current feedback of that modified last perhaps skip the test shoe and go straight for finished shoe? I hope I'm making any sense. I cannot send him the measurements taken by Enzo since I feel I cannot ask that of them. I am no longer a client of Enzo's.

That is a good idea, I think I misunderstood your first post. But really, you should ask for a test shoe, Antonio really takes care making a nice test shoe (you almost get two for the price of one) and this will be an additional step to come closure to an optimal fit, which you want, otherwise you would not go on the bespoke way. I think waiting an extra couple of months is worth it. Do not rush or you will probably regret it.

sd2002

Reaction score
For whatever what it is worth, my brother ordered without a test shoes and it worked nicely. He did ask for modification on his next order though but still the original one probably one of his best shies yet. His first order was Argentum though, so if you are getting Aurum I would get test shoe for sure

mcl911

Reaction score
When I order my aurum, he asked about what's your favorite last and how does it fit. I told him couple last, For example I told him eg888 uk6e, told him about how the toe, heel
Etc feel.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member