• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell Bradley completed.
354EEB2E-0D53-4748-87DD-3CFFC41D001C.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. Off to get an alignment... on the car, not me. LWBs, but what brand could they be?

IMG_1694.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of my luck with past trunk shows/MTOs… just unboxed the remade pair of natty Freeports from the fall TS. Guess you could call it “unboxing.”
View attachment 1787482
First pair were deemed seconds due to a handful of cosmetic issues. Only to find they had the previously discussed rocking heel issue. A repaired pair came back with the same issue, so I agreed to ship them back again, pay back the difference for first pricing, and have a new pair made.

The color on this new pair are absolutely stunning. So rich. Like well on their way to a deep walnut color. The pics probably don’t do them justice.
View attachment 1787483
Just wish the right stitching matched the left. Or the left matched the right. Even with that small inconsistency, they look like they are on different lasts.

Know this is minor (especially assuming they fit well) but all things considered, was expecting more.
One would THINK after they botched it the first time, they'd put their good team on the remake. ESPECIALLY if they're charging you for firsts again...this coming from a very accepting person of AE flaws.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well you cant expect them to update it unt theyre done spamming people with 5-7 emails a day can you?

Seriously who the HELL has taken over marketing for this once great company? An ADHD riddled raccoon with a central IV line on a constant methamphetamine drip? Out of the blue bout a week ago i started getting loads of them.

Finally ceased when i just started reporting all of them as spam to google but still. Wtf.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would honestly recommend talking with Ashley or someone else and seeing if they can either: Discount your order heavily or make you a new pair of boots.

Ashley has been involved every step of the way. 😥 And Bob (VP of production) was also brought in.

When I get a TS pair like that, I ask my SA what size upper was used...

Interesting. These are 9.5D. Not an extreme size, so I would think AE has an upper pattern that is relatively close to the final boot size.

One would THINK after they botched it the first time, they'd put their good team on the remake. ESPECIALLY if they're charging you for firsts again...this coming from a very accepting person of AE flaws.

Exactly what has left such a sour taste in my mouth. You'd think for sure they'd put some additional eyes on these before they went out. And even if that pattern was "within spec" they wouldn't have let a torn up box leave the warehouse.

-Bad first attempt.
-Then Bob got involved. The attempt to correct them by replacing the heels didn't work. The story I was told is the Freeport wasn't ever intended to have a JR sole so that was what was causing the heel issue.
-After some push back (and Ashley's help) we agreed to have them remade.
-Third attempt arrived as pictured above.

Related to my frustration - I also sent back a pair of trunk shoe sneakers that had a lump in the footbed. Not the typical lump that may work itself out with wear, rather you can feel something random under the squishy footbed. I even circled it with marker and sent them back with my Freeports (and a letter explaining the issues). The sneakers came back the first time with new inserts but the actual issue was not addressed. After I spoke with Bob and Ashley, Bob realized he did not understand the issue and asked that they be sent back again for evaluation.

Well,... the sneakers got sent back as is because the issue was too minor. Too minor to fix, yet they cause enough irritation that I will likely not wear them again. Since I do not feel good about selling them to someone else (oh the irony there!!!!), they will probably end up being tossed.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting hit again with more rain, so the weatherproof chili Higgins Mill boots get the call. You know, for the 68 seconds I'm spending outside while the dog does her business. Gotta keep those AE socks dry, yo! I might have to do some sort of run out and about later today, so it's better to be prepared now.
IMG_5939.jpg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to see Strand King on the list of 100 people on the site.

I'm wearing my JA University shoes today but the office lighting is so bad that I'll just wait until I get home to post a picture.

Not my kind of party, didn't see a single pair of Strands in the catalog or on the website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members