• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexandria VA - clothing solutions

Kappa Brandon

Reaction score
Hey guys, ill be moving to Alexandria next month and i was curious if you could recommend a few things:

A good tailor

A good thrift store

A good shoe store

A place for accesories

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated. Also if possible, could you please list price ranges for any places u provide and a reason why u listed them? thanks again guys!

XdryMartini

Reaction score
Aloha...

Tailor = Field's English Custom Tailor - (202) 333-2222 Bespoke jackets ~2k, suits, 2.5k
Shoes = Sky Valet - Right next door... (Alden, EG)

Hope this helps...

Kappa Brandon

Reaction score
Hey thanks! while your at it, can you list a good dry cleaners as well? and if anyone knows of any decent thrift options i'd love to hear those as well. thanks again guys

cut76

Reaction score
I use Presto Valet on Quaker (across from Fairlington) for dry cleaning/laundering shirts. I like them, although I can't say I have a ton of knowledge on what makes a "great" dry cleaner. They've never destroyed anything at least. Not the cheapest place in the neighborhood, either.

And second the recommendation of Field's. Great tailor.

Leslierc

Reaction score
Welcome to the "neighborhood"! I live in Silver Spring, Md. and work in Arlington, Va. In my opinion, the "best" dry cleaner in the area is Prestige, which is on Georgia Ave. near the intersection of Seminary Rd. in Silver Spring. A hike, yes, but if you have anything that's really nice and want it to remain that way, I highly recommend them. If you're interested Saks Mens Store in D.C. (Mazza Gallerie) is having its consolidation sale (up to 70% off). They're also now receiving some nice Fall items at the store as well. A few blocks (walking distance) north from the Mens Store is Ralph Lauren, Bvlgari (great tie selections), and Louis Vuitton. If you want to stay on Virginia turf, then find your way to Tysons I and II. Tysons II has stores such as NM, Zegna, Boss, Bally, Ferragamo, Burberry, and Lucky Jeans. Tysons I has the best Nordstroms (5) in the area by far.

In other words, lots of alternatives here for your $$$$$!

kryn13

Reaction score
Fields.

Thrifts - it's like a desert...despite all the people wearing suits in this town.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IuliaBartcovschi