• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 Pairs of Shell Cordovan Shoes - 9.5 US

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a new thread because the C&J Mayfairs in my previous B&S thread involving two pairs of 9.5s have now sold, and I'd like to add another pair of shell cordovan shoes to the C&J Onslows in the earlier thread. So here they are:

1. C&J Onslows. (Repeating my earlier description) I purchased these shell cordovan burgundy (No. 8) C&J Onslows with the double leather soles a while back. They're also in 9E UK or 9.5D - 10D US. With the fairly generous toebox of the 325 last, they're just a little too large, and I will probably replace them with an identical pair in 8.5 UK. I could keep them and bulk them up inside with additional insoles, but a better solution is probably to sell and replace them. I've worn them probably 6-7 times. I had the soles trimmed back slightly to make them a little less massive and had Topy oversoles put on (which could be easily removed if desired). I've shamelessly poached a stock picture of them from the C&J website, since my photographic skills are limited (as can be seen below). These sell for about $635 (ex VAT) plus shipping from Pediwear and Robt. Old and about $540 plus shipping from PLal. Asking $325 shipped (price drop) to NA and the UK (for other countries, PM me, as shipping will cost a little more than to NA and the UK).

http://www.crockettandjones.co.uk/cordovan-onslow.html

In response to a request for some pictures, let me add some pics of mine (as poor as these are, I'm afraid):

TAKEN OFF MARKET.

2. Brooks Brothers (Alden) unlined penny loafer. These shoes--again burgundy, No. 8, shell cordovan--are in Size 9.5 B US. I got them on eBay and they were in very good shape when I got them. However, the fit wasn't great, and so I sent them to Alden for the full recrafting in the hopes that they could be tightened around the last some and provide a better fit. The fit didn't improve, and, as a result, I find myself seldom wearing them. They slip at the heel, and no amount of tweaking via heel grippers, tongue pads, or extra insoles has helped the problem. They came back from the recrafting as new, and I added Topy oversoles. Worn maybe 5 or 6 times since the full recrafting. These sell for $568 plus shipping from Brooks Bros:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black

Asking $225 shipped (price drop) to NA and the UK for these (for other countries, PM me, as shipping will cost a little more).

Price drop, 3 February: $175 shipped OBO.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices dropped to $375 (Onslows) and $300 (BB loafers).

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Further price drop to: $325 (Onslows) and $225 (BB loafers).

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been away from this for a while. Now, the Onslows are off the market, but the BB Alden shell cordovan loafers are still for sale, and I'll make a final price drop to $175 shipped OBO. Can't wear them, so they sell or they go to the Sally Ann.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More than a year later...but since I've just sold off one pair of shoes, let me keep going and bump this thread to make further price reductions. Now: $300 for the shell cordovan Onslows and $150 for the shell Alden LHS loafers. For some reason, I can't edit my original post with prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads