• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100 pound weight loss picture

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great job, man! Huge congrats. Tough at first, but as the clothes fit better, the health gets better and the women flock, it seems to get easier :)

Our story, other than I am much older, seems to be in parallel. I got to a point where my suits didn't fit, I was very unhealthy and the worst part, my blood sugar was a little high. Fear is a good motivator. But as you say, research is important. The other thing is that diets do not work. Life works. A healthy lifestyle works. Day in day out feeling good works.

I'll add a little in your very inspiring thread. I'm down 75 pounds and have another 30 to go to hit 196, my target weight. Blood sugar is normal, thank God, and I feel so much better. You are right about the attention. The suits don't hurt, either. Shopping is fun again.

I'm asked everyday how I did it. Your regimen is outstanding and very well researched. Mine is a little simpler. PORTION CONTROL, no refined sugar, very little white pasta, no white bread, no white rice, and cardio/abs/swimming five times a week. 6 months = 75 pounds. The good news? I'm never hungry. Ever. Sugar tastes great but can be evil!!! It has very little nutritional value and makes you even hungrier! White bread is crap and just turns into sugar. A double whammy.

Now the big trick. Maintenance. My research shows that for about 6 months your body wants to gain back the weight back plus more. I'm in this regimen for life. Like I said, fear is a good motivator. But I will NEVER take it for granted. For some it's drink, for some smoking, others drugs. Mine, lotsa food. :)

So, once again, congrats. Maybe I'll throw some befores and afters if I get up the courage when I hit my target:)

Cheers,a

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Now the big trick. Maintenance. My research shows that for about 6 months your body wants to gain back the weight back plus more. I'm in this regimen for life. Like I said, fear is a good motivator. But I will NEVER take it for granted. For some it's drink, for some smoking, others drugs. Mine, lotsa food. :)

Maintenance gets easy. I went from 270 to my current weight of 210 and I've maintained approximately this weight (fluctuated between about 205-220) for approaching 7-8 years now. Once you've made it a habit to eat healthy and exercise, it feels wrong not to do so. Even when you fall off the wagon, as I did recently when I was unable to exercise due to my schedule and moving around constantly, the habits are still there so it's easy to get back into things.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Maintenance gets easy. I went from 270 to my current weight of 210 and I've maintained approximately this weight (fluctuated between about 205-220) for approaching 7-8 years now. Once you've made it a habit to eat healthy and exercise, it feels wrong not to do so. Even when you fall off the wagon, as I did recently when I was unable to exercise due to my schedule and moving around constantly, the habits are still there so it's easy to get back into things.

i dont think so. i think thats the hardest part, you always see those people who lost weight, many of them go back to where they were before, if not worse.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either way, I know personally, having lost the weight before, I will not take it for granted. But you are right. The thought of eating poorly is odd to me now. Antithetical, even.

The big difference this time is my elimination of sugar and white bread. Those two things are so bad for you in anything more than small quantities...

Anyway, nuff about me. Back to Raz' amazing story!>>>> :)

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i dont think so. i think thats the hardest part, you always see those people who lost weight, many of them go back to where they were before, if not worse.

Notice I said "gets easy". I wasn't implying that as soon as you lose all the weight, you require no further work to keep it off. I was merely stating that if you make the lifestyle choices needed to keep yourself fit, after awhile it does get easy since you're so used to it and any of your former unhealthy ways just feels bad.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STACY411