• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So great to see 11.11 in the shop!

Stoffa ign:

IMG_6731.jpeg

IMG_6770.jpeg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Henry S

Reaction score
Really dig the ts(s) camp collar shirt:

Don't know my JP size. I take size M in LEJ and size 40 in G. Inglese.
What size would you suggest?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 or 3 depending on how roomy you want it

rdaws

Reaction score
Wanted to see if I could get some advice on G Inglese dress shirt sizing. I'm usually a Proper Cloth guy but for the next cycle I'd like to upgrade to nicer construction. My neck size puts me somewhere between a 38 and 39 (collar measurements indicated are 15.4 and 15.9, and my usual size is 15.7in). I don't wear ties so a 38 would be fine. Two points of trouble though are that the sleeves on a 38 are 34.3 inches, which is way longer than my usual 32.7 in (or 33 if I'm buying something off the rack). And according to the G Inglese website, the cuffs are 7 cm -- I'm not sure if that can even be right, because I don't have big wrists but I need at least 8 inches around, and 7cm would seem to be 14 cm around = 5.5 in. I've heard that the sleeve measurements though can be a little unusual given the way the shirt is constructed, though, so wanted to see if anybody had advice on what to get here. If the stock sizing won't work (and for a $400 shirt I want it to fit pretty close to perfectly), what's the cost/process of getting them MTM?

For reference, my Proper Cloth measurements are 15.7 collar, 32.7 in sleeve, 20.4 in chest, and 31.5 in length. I can also pretty reliably wear a Brooks Brothers Regent/Regular fit 15/33.

rdaws

Reaction score
That’s the cuff length not width. But otherwise why can’t you compare your PC sizing?

I did, and the sleeves are too long. However, NMWA indicates that the sleeve measurements on a G Inglese are not comparable to other shirts, which is what I'm asking about.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did, and the sleeves are too long. However, NMWA indicates that the sleeve measurements on a G Inglese are not comparable to other shirts, which is what I'm asking about.
They are on the long side IMO. How much slack do you have with your PC shirt sleeves?

rdaws

Reaction score
They are on the long side IMO. How much slack do you have with your PC shirt sleeves?

None, I’ve been able to specify the sleeve length so they’re perfect. If the G Inglese sleeves really are more than an inch and a half past that they’ll be halfway down my hands.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None, I’ve been able to specify the sleeve length so they’re perfect. If the G Inglese sleeves really are more than an inch and a half past that they’ll be halfway down my hands.
So if you raise your arms, your sleeves pull up? That's what I'm referring to when I say "slack".
Also, if the cuff is tight enough, the sleeves won't (and can't) fall that far down your hand

rdaws

Reaction score
So if you raise your arms, your sleeves pull up? That's what I'm referring to when I say "slack".
Also, if the cuff is tight enough, the sleeves won't (and can't) fall that far down your hand

They don’t pull up under a normal range of motion. If I put my hands straight up over my head though they would pull a little bit. If I had a better sense for how the measurement compared (eg, the rounded sleeve head adds an inch?) I could make a better judgment call about whether it would fit or not.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member