• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

RajunCajun

Reaction score
G Inglese Jacket

PXL_20231030_214203598.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own Valastar down jacket from this or last season? I am wondering how is the sizing. If I should go "tts" or 1 size up like valstarino?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you plan on layering underneath. TTS should work in most cases

CoolM

Reaction score
I just received my WL shawl cardigan and I love it. Thank you NMWA for making this cardigan available. It’s difficult finding a WL shawl cardigan in the US without having to buy from overseas. I was almost about to consider buying from overseas until I saw Greg’s post a few weeks ago that these will be up on the site soon.

I bought the S&C shawl cardigan last year and was looking for another shawl cardigan this year in a different color. I ended up going with the flannel grey. The WL shawl cardigan is so much better. The fabric feels really soft and the sizing is perfect.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you plan on layering underneath. TTS should work in most cases
Thanks! I figured out it will probably not work for me. I love the fit of the model on official photos, but I am shorter than he is, so on me it will look like a normal parka, over ******, so it is unfortunately not an option.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my WL shawl cardigan and I love it. Thank you NMWA for making this cardigan available. It’s difficult finding a WL shawl cardigan in the US without having to buy from overseas. I was almost about to consider buying from overseas until I saw Greg’s post a few weeks ago that these will be up on the site soon.

I bought the S&C shawl cardigan last year and was looking for another shawl cardigan this year in a different color. I ended up going with the flannel grey. The WL shawl cardigan is so much better. The fabric feels really soft and the sizing is perfect.
Could you compare the sizing between the WL and S&C?

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Greg: do you recall what size Tisserand jacket you were wearing in the 9/15 CAMO video? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you and the team! Never mind found it in fit of the day - XL

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious about this as well. Assuming they are similar, i.e. size down one
When the S&C cardigans first came out, I think a lot of people did size down. However, I ended up selling my size down cardigan for a TTS one, and just embraced the slouch….in the end I have two in the larger size and wouldn’t size down again.

I would think the current WL knits might be similar.

45bur

Reaction score
When the S&C cardigans first came out, I think a lot of people did size down. However, I ended up selling my size down cardigan for a TTS one, and just embraced the slouch….in the end I have two in the larger size and wouldn’t size down again.

It might come down to height. I’m pretty short, so sizing down still resulted in a slouchy fit for me

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same. I started with a medium and it felt too fitted. I got larger after and love the slouch and roominess.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of the box, I'd say that the WL feel a little smaller, shorter and tighter than the S&C for the same size.

The WL knits are knitted with more tension than the S&C ones, so they are tighter out of the box. The S&C ones were already fairly lofty and loose out of the box. The WL ones do relax and stretch quite a bit with wear, releasing that knitting tension. So I unfortunately expect a lot of people to try theirs on and feel they're a touch small, to then size up and eventually end up after a few wear with something that is roomier than they expected.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcell