• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anti-gym. No Chubbies!

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see these commercials sometimes and wondered what the hell it is. The anti-gym is a Denver, CO health club. Here's a description from the Denver Post: Anti-Gym's motto is "******** With the Lights On." The look of the gym is industrial. Near the workout area is a "BARF BUCKET" for people who push themselves too far. A roster keeps track of how people are doing at Anti-Gym: Dean's List, Jimmy Dean's Sausage List and the Fatso List. If you slack off in a drill, your entire group is punished. The men's and women's locker rooms lead to a coed shower area. And then there's the Ravish Room, a private room with a hot tub and sauna and shower that, with a secret code, only admits men with 11 percent body fat and women with 16 percent body fat. "It's the hardest club in Cherry Creek to get into," says Karolchyk. "It doesn't matter who you know or who your daddy is or how much money you have. And what happens in the Ravish Room stays in the Ravish Room."
sarcasm.gif
???

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orgies at the gym? Interesting...

I wouldn't be surprised either way, but it's possible that they've just created this mystique around their club and its "Ravish Room" when in fact nothing happens in there.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A gym that encourages hard work? Stunning!

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
A gym that encourages hard work? Stunning!

You should be encouraged to work hard at the gym when you see a guy working on biceps, curling 100 lbs. If that doesn't motivate you to work out more, and lose those 10 lbs weights (something I saw a rather fat guy doing at the gym last night), I don't know what will.

Jon.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people need to get kicked ********** to do what's good for them. This satisfies the need of that segment. Sounds fine to me.
Although that ravish room thing sounds pretty sketch...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
You should be encouraged to work hard at the gym when you see a guy working on biceps, curling 100 lbs. If that doesn't motivate you to work out more, and lose those 10 lbs weights (something I saw a rather fat guy doing at the gym last night), I don't know what will.

Jon.

Why would seeing some guy lift weights inspire me to do anything?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Thanks, you've just inspired me to never lift a weight for fear of turning into an unattractive freak.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Co-Ed showers...... I've never heard of better incentive to loose weight..
I've never heard of an establishment more flagrantly vulnerable to stalking/sexual-harassment/gang-****/etc lawsuits in my life. Somehow I don't think the judge will buy the jurisdictional argument about"what stays in the rapture room"
Originally Posted by spertia
^^Thanks, you've just inspired me to never lift a weight for fear of turning into an unattractive freak.
and losing my ability to speak intelligible English.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$40 a go is a little steep but I'd do it if it was cheaper. Sometimes when I get home from the gym I think to myself I should or could have done more...the only part of going alone thats bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads