• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any recommendations for a leather overnight bag in the $300-500 range?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have any personal recommendations on a leather overnight bag in the $300-500 range that's on the small side? I'm probably going to order the Barbour bag below in the picture, but I was wondering if I had any other options available in that price range (haven't seen much). I'm looking for something that's simple in design, and it should be able to hold up in the field and during travel.

barbour_b623.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
What's that little thing on the bottom left corner?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
What's that little thing on the bottom left corner?
If you're referring to the little knob/latch thing, you can pull down the ends of the zipper seams and attach it, giving the bag a more compact look. Edit: Like these bags:
explorer_kundo-300.jpg
p_23193.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I don't own one, you can check out the bags on flotoimports.com. There are some pretty nice all leather bags there.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is a pretty reasonable price range, and there is much more avail in overnight/ weekend bags for this price than there used to be-- when i was looking for one in that price range, couldn't find a damned thing that was decent.

Here are a couple of options that i think would be great-- personally, i think the first one is perfect and wish I had one.

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=790633

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=790633

http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=8768&group=1

http://www.onthefly.com/product/pete...ffle-bag/21892

http://www.onthefly.com/product/mulh...kend-bag/20690

Kaizen

Reaction score
I have one of the Floto Import Positano duffles and have been pretty happy with it. The only thing I don't like is that I have to be a little careful around the brass hardware. The edges are a bit sharp and easy to scrape against. I'll probably pick up their Venezia duffle this year. I always use it as a carry-on, and it has held up very well.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Do you find the floto bags heavy? A con of an all leather bag is the weight, as compared to a canvas bag. That additional 2 pounds can make a difference.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Although I don't own one, you can check out the bags on flotoimports.com. There are some pretty nice all leather bags there.

Agreed. Just bought one for my fiancee for christmas. Very nice.

They're usually 30% cheaper or so on Ebay. Just search for Floto.

Kaizen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^ Do you find the floto bags heavy? A con of an all leather bag is the weight, as compared to a canvas bag. That additional 2 pounds can make a difference.

I haven't really noticed the leather being heavier, but that may just be me.

I just weighed it, and both the Positano duffle (13" high x 8" wide x 18" long) and my expandable Tumi ballistic nylon bag (13" high x 8" wide x 22" long, unexpanded) are exactly four pounds. It also seems like a good deal of the weight in the Positano is in the brass hardware.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads