• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starting an online proxy from Japan

parachutes

Reaction score
Service
I will take orders on practically anything: clothes, magazine, CD/DVD, video games, toys...etc. Although I'm limiting to online/phone sales for the most part, I could do a better search for stores that are outside of rakuten and such as I'm a genuine Japanese = may turn up some rare/cheap finds. I can also do yahoo auctions, let me know your highest bid in your requests for these. I will also do on foot pick ups for orders over 30000yen retail.

Places where I buy from
- rakuten, yahoo auctions, zozo
- local books/electronics store
- websites of brands and boutiques

Payment&Fees
I can take paypal or moneybookers. I can accept credit card payments as well! Fees are as follows
Paypal: 14%fee
(item cost + domestic shipping) X 1.14 + international shipping
Moneybookers 12%fee
(item cost + domestic shipping) X 1.12 + international shipping

The fees include my comission and that incurred for me to recieve the payment. Most orders from rakuten have free domestic shipping, and I don't charge bank transfer fees. I would personally prefer Moneyboookers over Paypal as they deposit funds in to my bank the next day.
I use EMS for outbound shipping which includes insurance and tracking. PLEASE SEND PAYMENTS IN YEN.

Rules
1. I will need to recieve the payment prior to ordering(with the exception of yahoo auctions). Sorry, but I have been burned a few times in the past.
2. I will not be resposible for any items that are lost while in transit.
3. Check the exchange rates at www.xe.com, but keep in mind that paypal takes 2.5% spread so the actual rate will be a bit lower.
4. Generally I can't accept returns once the item gets to you, as by the time it gets back to me it would be well over the return deadline for most stores. If you are unsure of the sizing, ask me prior to your orders or remind me to do some measurements once I recieve the item.

Contact
If you are interested in anything, send me a message at [email protected] with the title including the name and size of your item. DO NOT post or use PM.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn small ass sizing. guess that's out of the picture (~42" here hah)

rainmaker

Reaction score
Sounds great. I've been burned by slow response from another proxy service before (rakuten item sold out) so I'll hit you up next time I see something.

Can you PM/reply a quote on S5000VX and SD-103?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

parachutes

Reaction score
>sygyzy
im not exactly sure, but i can call the post office and see if thats a possiblity. though i imagine you will end up paying the import tax from US customs. email me if you want to give it a shot.

>ghulklan
they are sold out except the dark browns. US$350 shipped

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn that sounds good, except i dont really want dark brown..well if you could chek for me eveyr now and then or ill message you in lke a couple of weeks to see if the have any in stock..because i cant read japanese so i wont know myself that woul be great

Johnny5

Reaction score
Just a quick gauge, for a 30 000 Yen auction won how much do i have to pay in total in USD, thanks!

Valgar

Reaction score
Sent another e-mail to you, free bump as well. Thanks for all of your help so far!

bond14

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just used this proxy service to great success. I received a few pieces from Nalu is less than a week, and it was so easy. Sent money via Paypal and a few emails later, I had a tracking number and something to look forward to. I will definitely go this route again in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads