• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

taduuu

Reaction score

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Are the Uniqlo U t-shirts the ones that are made of thicker, more substantial cotton? I have a few thick and thin ones from there but can't remember which are which.

cafedandy2

Reaction score

taduuu

Reaction score

Japanese page has more pictures and fabric contents. Weird thing to me is that twill shirts are completely polyester and nylon. Not a fan of synthetics in shirts myself.

After closer second look the knitted over shirt jacket looks nice. It has 50 % wool and 50 % acrylic content but material looks like the same than their milan knit jackets from few seasons back. It is a lovely fabric.

Also sweat turtleneck in purple looks nice to me. I like the muted color in this one. Usually I only like turtlenecks in wool but I might try this one. Also fleece trousers look very nice, but wondering if they are too hot to wear in office settings. Dont really want to sweat ****** off.

I am sad they dropped U suiting for men earlier. Those were perfect fit for me. Maybe I buy fleece trousers and fleece jacket in brown if they are a matching set... Hmm.

pmbonar

Reaction score

cafedandy2

Reaction score

Japanese page has more pictures and fabric contents. Weird thing to me is that twill shirts are completely polyester and nylon. Not a fan of synthetics in shirts myself.

After closer second look the knitted over shirt jacket looks nice. It has 50 % wool and 50 % acrylic content but material looks like the same than their milan knit jackets from few seasons back. It is a lovely fabric.

Also sweat turtleneck in purple looks nice to me. I like the muted color in this one. Usually I only like turtlenecks in wool but I might try this one. Also fleece trousers look very nice, but wondering if they are too hot to wear in office settings. Dont really want to sweat ****** off.

I am sad they dropped U suiting for men earlier. Those were perfect fit for me. Maybe I buy fleece trousers and fleece jacket in brown if they are a matching set... Hmm.
Same thoughts for the suiting, although I did find the women's suits to fit men for the past two seasons if you size up one or two. The twill shirts might be the same fabric as the flannels they had, comfy but because too much poly it might be hot. I somehow appreciate that they use 100% wool for the knits, except for the over shirt jacket which may be on purpose because of the different weave - liking this one, too.

taduuu

Reaction score
Same thoughts for the suiting, although I did find the women's suits to fit men for the past two seasons if you size up one or two. The twill shirts might be the same fabric as the flannels they had, comfy but because too much poly it might be hot. I somehow appreciate that they use 100% wool for the knits, except for the over shirt jacket which may be on purpose because of the different weave - liking this one, too.
True. Womens suiting does look "masculine". I am little hesitant on ordering it because returning will cost me 30 - 40 euros. :) For all other pieces I know my sizing.

Wool knits do look great but I have good ones already.

Tbh I am liking this fleece suit a lot. Will probably order whole fit. Probably pretty good for cold nothern climate.

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
Last edited:

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I read an article somewhere recently that said the womens corduroy blazer jackets are fine for men to wear, because they're cut like a menswear jacket anyway. But I don't know if I trust the source and I can't easily get to a store to see it in the flesh. Has anyone tried this? On the (somewhat androgynous looking, of course) female model in the item listing, they look a little short - like not not quite covering the butt short, which wouldn't look great for a menswear jacket I don't think.

BearCatCow

Reaction score
I read an article somewhere recently that said the womens corduroy blazer jackets are fine for men to wear, because they're cut like a menswear jacket anyway. But I don't know if I trust the source and I can't easily get to a store to see it in the flesh. Has anyone tried this? On the (somewhat androgynous looking, of course) female model in the item listing, they look a little short - like not not quite covering the butt short, which wouldn't look great for a menswear jacket I don't think.

I think if your height is substantially higher than the intended female fit model, you will find that the torso length to be a bit short. The arms/legs are cut more generously oversized but the torso is not.

taduuu

Reaction score
https://www.uniqlo.com/jp/ja/contents/collaboration/uniqlo-u/23fw/common/imgs/lookbookMen/lookbook-18.webp?1695013130181

Bought everything from this look. Fleece suit is very nice! Fleece itself is very coarse(?) in a way and wool like. Definately can wear trousers and jacket as separates like one would wear wool pants. Fleece jacket is oversized, so if you dont want oversized look then size down one size. Trousers are TTS.

Turtleneck sweat is really nice. Purple color is very muted and classy. Fabric is thick. Very nice piece.

I also bought U parachute pants but I guess they are from last season? I sized up for oversized fit and it works nicely. Fabric is very thin though. These are definately more summery piece.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
I really liked the W's Drape Shirt and taking your usual men's size can still work, but sizing up makes it more flowy.

I also got the wide-fit chinos, pretty solid fabric and I like the slightly curved taper. Might consider the jeans as will since they have the same cut.

The knit shirt also felt substantial and nice for a wool-acrylic blend. The lambswool sweaters are also very good, on the cropped side so best to size up for a relaxed fit.

Then I got the backpack and shoulder bags as well for daily beaters.

Still a good season with solid pieces, the fleece has surely improved from the previously carpet-like iterations (like the FW21 collarless cardigan LOL) to this softer one.

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
I bought the women's drape shirt and men's knitted over shirt jacket too!

Also grabbed the men's belted padded mac jacket and reversible stand jacket. I'm on the fence about the chinos since I'm gravitating towards less tapered pants these days.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazer623