• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Pommella trousers? $950 for RTW pants seems pretty steep to me, but maybe they really are that nice.

No doubt Pommella trousers are nice but you can get bespoke for maybe a few hundred dollars more (depending on where you're located) which is probalby more worth it.
I think Pommella bespoke trousers are about the same price ($1000 +/-) as that RTW price, so if waiting for a trunk show is an option....

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Pommella bespoke trousers are about the same price ($1000 +/-) as that RTW price, so if waiting for a trunk show is an option....

Gianlucca has Pommella as well as his PML RTW line which is the same base fit, according to him. Unless you have unusual requirements I would suggest that you try his PML RTW line which is half the price and the quality is wonderful. Plus Gianlucca sources fantastic fabrics for both lines.

KWang94

Reaction score
Even if it's not necessarily Pommella (hence why I mentioned depending on where you live) there are plenty of other bespoke trouser makers whose bespoke is around the same price at that RTW

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should mention - I'm generally very happy with the fit of the Model A and B trousers made by Ring. They're some of the only higher end RTW trousers with belt loops. I've been moving away from side tabs, especially for odd trousers.

epsilon22

Reaction score
I was under the impression that they were quite a bit more than that for bespoke but I inquired long ago so I might've misremembered. I'll ask next time I go into the store. (Edit: the website says $1.25K for bespoke, $900 for MTO)

I think RJ MTO/MTM trousers are around $1K too? (Give or take the difference between their MTO/MTM suits and sport coats)

I paid $650 for Rota using their fabric books last year but anything outside their books start at $750.

My main gripe with Rota is the lack of excess fabric along the long side seams, I would've liked to have my first pair to have the legs widened a bit, but that's just impossible with no excess fabric at all. That's just disappointing for a $600+ pair of trousers, even my cheaper pairs from Suitsupply and Berg & Berg have a couple cm allowances.

Edit: It may have sounded like I'm talking crap about Rota, but that's not the case. I have 3 pairs so far and overall happy with what I'm getting. Just note that it's impossible to let out the legs after they're finished, so if you feel like you need more room, better lean a bit wider than too slim.

Last edited:

CityDweller

Reaction score
I think the Armoury does great work, and I want to love their suiting, but I think it's not for me. I have a slight build, and the longer length + off the shoulder sleeves look big to my eyes. Anyone have a similar issue?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Armoury does great work, and I want to love their suiting, but I think it's not for me. I have a slight build, and the longer length + off the shoulder sleeves look big to my eyes. Anyone have a similar issue?
RTW is designed to fit an average size. If you are above or below average in body dimensions you will need to explore options. I noticed early on Styleforum that many of the people who had the most knowledge and experience with MTM and bespoke where due to their own fit challenges so they had to explore fit options. That being said, if you can visit The Armoury when Mr Sasamoto is there for a Ring Jacket MTM trunk show, I think you'll be impressed with the results. He really knows how to tweak a jacket for an ideal fit.

CityDweller

Reaction score
I'll keep tabs on their calendar for their next RJ trunk show. (FWIW, I've done MTM through the Armoury, and the service and construction have all been excellent, just not what what I imagine myself looking like in a suit.)

mr_scratchy_esq

Reaction score
Here's a Model 15 size 46 that I'm planning to wear to my son's High School Graduation on Friday. Rota linen pants and Alden shoes. I swear I'm not trying to copy the Armoury model w/ the nail polish (even though I think he looks super cool w/ it). I wore it as an inside joke for a friend but I ended up liking it :)

Attachments

• DSCF8351.jpeg
    DSCF8351.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF8280 (1).jpeg
    DSCF8280 (1).jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 83

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them