• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herring X Carlos Santos, CHURCHSTOW

031395f3-f0df-4186-803f-9b52e077404c-jpeg.1849834

Renato

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'd appreciate some help identifying this model of CS boots, as I'm looking to acquire them second-hand, lightly used according to the seller but seemingly - to my inexperienced eyes at least - not having been taken good care of.

1667512572525.png

Attachments

• 1667512507172.png
    1667512507172.png
    489.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 1667512528106.png
    1667512528106.png
    656.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 1667512552834.png
    1667512552834.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 1667512900339.png
    1667512900339.png
    520.3 KB · Views: 350

wdrenth

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'd appreciate some help identifying this model of CS boots, as I'm looking to acquire them second-hand, lightly used according to the seller but seemingly - to my inexperienced eyes at least - not having been taken good care of.

View attachment 1852291

Nice boots and expect with a little TLC they will shine again. Suede often looks a bit scruffy on photos.

They look a pair of boots I have from Pediwear (don't know CS direct, or from their home-rebrand). It is on last 333 and I sized down 1/2.

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus on last 445? TTS or size down half a size? I see mixed reports in this thread.

I wonder how the instep of 445 compares to 316 and 160. The instep of 160 is too low for me in (chelsea) boots for instance. 316 is a great fit for me, though I do have to size down half a size from my regular size 8.

wdrenth

Reaction score
What is the consensus on last 445? TTS or size down half a size? I see mixed reports in this thread.

I wonder how the instep of 445 compares to 316 and 160. The instep of 160 is too low for me in (chelsea) boots for instance. 316 is a great fit for me, though I do have to size down half a size from my regular size 8.

I sized down 1/2 for a recent gmto at Noble's (the reverse stitch oxford). No regret yet.
As reference, I bought the same a year or so back without sizing down. Though it was not floppy and slippy, it just did not feel good enough. Even with an insole.

Hope this helps. The last is a beauty.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down 1/2 for a recent gmto at Noble's (the reverse stitch oxford). No regret yet.
As reference, I bought the same a year or so back without sizing down. Though it was not floppy and slippy, it just did not feel good enough. Even with an insole.

Hope this helps. The last is a beauty.
Thank you for your reply.

I e-mailed Ana Santos and she recommended going with my last 401 size and not my last 316 size so I did that. I wear size 8 in most of my shoes/boots but have to size down to 7.5 in last 316. 401 is too tight for me in 7.5.

The boots I ordered are intended for winter so I am planning to wear them with thick socks.

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

I e-mailed Ana Santos and she recommended going with my last 401 size and not my last 316 size so I did that. I wear size 8 in most of my shoes/boots but have to size down to 7.5 in last 316. 401 is too tight for me in 7.5.

The boots I ordered are intended for winter so I am planning to wear them with thick socks.
Size 8 would be the one then.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently received a pair of Carlos Santos derby boots in black grain. Great boots, however, the top of the right shaft of the right boot digs into my leg each time I wear them. Three wears in and it isn't getting better. I don't have this issue with any other boot. Is there any resolution to this? I thought after three long wears with lots of walking would break them in but it has not.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently received a pair of Carlos Santos derby boots in black grain. Great boots, however, the top of the right shaft of the right boot digs into my leg each time I wear them. Three wears in and it isn't getting better. I don't have this issue with any other boot. Is there any resolution to this? I thought after three long wears with lots of walking would break them in but it has not.

Have you tried "massaging" the leather with your hands on the affected part of the boot? Might speed up the break in process.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried "massaging" the leather with your hands on the affected part of the boot? Might speed up the break in process.

I did try that. It's still quite tough. It's right at the top edge of the shaft that's digging in. Would rubbing conditioner and applying some heat help?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did try that. It's still quite tough. It's right at the top edge of the shaft that's digging in. Would rubbing conditioner and applying some heat help?

I'm not sure about heat but conditioner could help. My cobbler once hammered out a stiff part in my boots, that helped too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oawrtvsh