1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NAMOR, Oct 6, 2012.

1. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i dont think mwp will be consistent enough

im going to pass

2. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

So you counter with an injured role player in his 12th year for Parker? Come on dude.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. indesertum

wallace's warp score (0.3) is much higher than parker (0.12) who is currently undeniably underperforming. wallace is also due back tomorrow night. i felt like it was a lopsided trade which i felt was ok for me because i only have two point guards

also deng is currently top 50 while parker is like top 125. no way that's close to a fair trade. i would have put deng higher than parker even before the season

also also, wtf parker is in his 11th year.

fuu. i need love back. my team is terrible

4. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I need Dirk and Wall back. I lose every day because my oppo has so many more games than I do.

I look at Parker and Deng's O-Rank and they are within a few points, you're wrong on that one. Parker's is 60, Deng is actually higher at 70. Their stats are of equiv value for their respective roles. You need a PG, I have too many. Look at the 'trade evaluator' tool, the swap in stats is net-net positive for both of us.

I think its a fair trade.

OMG that fucking Lillard is a beast. What a luck pick by Mikey (who is destroying me this week btw)

5. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

lulz.

6. indesertum

O-rank is a really bad measure to go by and is super subjective. for example kris humphries is performing super poorly and his o-rank is one higher than luol deng's

go by

http://rater.givemetherock.com/

WARP scores. wins over average replacement player. in essence how many wins in a category a player would have given you compared to the average replacement player.

luol deng is much higher.

you can't simply go by which stats would decrease or increase given a trade because you have account for standard deviation and performance of the average player in a given league. for example blocks are unanimously seen as more valuable on a number by number basis than points. 1 block does not equal 1 point. you have to standardize it over how the league in general performs

7. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Same as assists and a low turnover ratio. I get it. Frankly you'll never sell that trade. I am looking at what to project between the 2 players and for me they are stats that we could both use. Its a fair trade to me, but my experience in fantasy is that nobody makes a trade unless someone gets suckered.

You're clearly unwilling to give anything real up.

I'll probably quit trying to trade and work waivers week to week. In past leagues people traded for stats, I dont see that here. Having B Marley lulz me on a even trade is clear evidence enough. You guys want clearance sales. My team will win once I have healthy players, but I will have a hill to climb and need a certain level of perfection to get there. D Wade is already fucking that prospect up.

Anyway boys, twist all the stats you want. I know fair when I see it. By the way, G Hill for Wall was actually pretty close, almost took it. If you offered it at the first game I probably would have.

8. indesertum

i dont have ghill.

i dont mind giving anything real up (honestly every player on my team is tradeable) but I'd like something real in return.

also i have to disagree that trades always involve suckers. that's what it might feel like but depending on what kind of team you have and what stats and positions you're looking for it could be a win win

9. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was an offer from Goonies.

Win win for me is Parker >< Deng. I'm not sure why you see it differently other than these metrics I've never heard of. I look at what I need and gain and what you need and gain and see we both get that.

And in truth, I struggled with the offer. Parker is as consistent as they come.

10. indesertum

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

I liked ours.

12. indesertum

yeah for sure. i like ours too.

13. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Fuck this. My team is officially re-named the "single digit all stars".

14. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

You're the only one with struggling teams. I was outnumbered last week by a lot and the only redeeming thing for being outnumbered is that you are almost guaranteed to win the turnovers category because less players means turnovers, right?

Wrong! I still lost that category and that is going against a team who has Jrue Holiday, the player with the most total turnovers in the league so far. That is how shitty my team is this year.

15. indesertum

i'm pretty much scraping the bottle of barrel

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

You ain't the only one, lots of crazy pick-ups last week even for people that has done well for one night. With our roster set-up, I didn't think you guys would jump on 1-night performers that quickly.

17. indesertum

yeah. i went to go pick up alexy shyved and namor had already pick him up. mwp had 1 good game and soembody picked him up (he had an excellent game last night too so was a good choice in hindsight)

18. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

^ I did that with Dion Waiters.

I think its a result of all the injuries early season. And some of our guys decided to play suckball instead of basketball. I mean, I just cant believe how BAD Jason Terry has been. And Roy Hibbert, OMFG.

19. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

God exists. Roy Hibbert goes for 20 and 12. 3 A 4 BS. Earns part of the new contract. Finally.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Boooo!!! Hibbert was just waiting to go against me to have a breakout game.

30% FG, 0% FT, 6/2/1/1/1 w/ 2 turnovers... That's my #1 pick!
    My #2 pick is 7/5/3 w/ 5 turnovers!