• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Was gonna pick up World Was but somebody beat me to it. I hesitated because he would be a cancer in my club house.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i dont think mwp will be consistent enough
im going to pass

So you counter with an injured role player in his 12th year for Parker? Come on dude.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wallace's warp score (0.3) is much higher than parker (0.12) who is currently undeniably underperforming. wallace is also due back tomorrow night. i felt like it was a lopsided trade which i felt was ok for me because i only have two point guards

also deng is currently top 50 while parker is like top 125. no way that's close to a fair trade. i would have put deng higher than parker even before the season

also also, wtf parker is in his 11th year.

fuu. i need love back. my team is terrible

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wallace's warp score (0.3) is much higher than parker (0.12) who is currently undeniably underperforming. wallace is also due back tomorrow night. i felt like it was a lopsided trade which i felt was ok for me because i only have two point guards
also deng is currently top 50 while parker is like top 125. no way that's close to a fair trade. i would have put deng higher than parker even before the season
also also, wtf parker is in his 11th year.
fuu. i need love back. my team is terrible

I need Dirk and Wall back. I lose every day because my oppo has so many more games than I do.

I look at Parker and Deng's O-Rank and they are within a few points, you're wrong on that one. Parker's is 60, Deng is actually higher at 70. Their stats are of equiv value for their respective roles. You need a PG, I have too many. Look at the 'trade evaluator' tool, the swap in stats is net-net positive for both of us.

I think its a fair trade.

OMG that ******* Lillard is a beast. What a luck pick by Mikey (who is destroying me this week btw)

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I need Dirk and Wall back. I lose every day because my oppo has so many more games than I do.
I look at Parker and Deng's O-Rank and they are within a few points, you're wrong on that one. Parker's is 60, Deng is actually higher at 70. Their stats are of equiv value for their respective roles. You need a PG, I have too many. Look at the 'trade evaluator' tool, the swap in stats is net-net positive for both of us.
I think its a fair trade.
OMG that ******* Lillard is a beast. What a luck pick by Mikey (who is destroying me this week btw)

O-rank is a really bad measure to go by and is super subjective. for example kris humphries is performing super poorly and his o-rank is one higher than luol deng's

go by

http://rater.givemetherock.com/

WARP scores. wins over average replacement player. in essence how many wins in a category a player would have given you compared to the average replacement player.

luol deng is much higher.

you can't simply go by which stats would decrease or increase given a trade because you have account for standard deviation and performance of the average player in a given league. for example blocks are unanimously seen as more valuable on a number by number basis than points. 1 block does not equal 1 point. you have to standardize it over how the league in general performs

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same as assists and a low turnover ratio. I get it. Frankly you'll never sell that trade. I am looking at what to project between the 2 players and for me they are stats that we could both use. Its a fair trade to me, but my experience in fantasy is that nobody makes a trade unless someone gets suckered.

You're clearly unwilling to give anything real up.

I'll probably quit trying to trade and work waivers week to week. In past leagues people traded for stats, I dont see that here. Having B Marley lulz me on a even trade is clear evidence enough. You guys want clearance sales. My team will win once I have healthy players, but I will have a hill to climb and need a certain level of perfection to get there. D Wade is already ******* that prospect up.

Anyway boys, twist all the stats you want. I know fair when I see it. By the way, G Hill for Wall was actually pretty close, almost took it. If you offered it at the first game I probably would have.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dont have ghill.

i dont mind giving anything real up (honestly every player on my team is tradeable) but I'd like something real in return.

also i have to disagree that trades always involve suckers. that's what it might feel like but depending on what kind of team you have and what stats and positions you're looking for it could be a win win

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i dont have ghill.
i dont mind giving anything real up (honestly every player on my team is tradeable) but I'd like something real in return.
also i have to disagree that trades always involve suckers. that's what it might feel like but depending on what kind of team you have and what stats and positions you're looking for it could be a win win

Sorry, that was an offer from Goonies.

Win win for me is Parker >< Deng. I'm not sure why you see it differently other than these metrics I've never heard of. I look at what I need and gain and what you need and gain and see we both get that.

And in truth, I struggled with the offer. Parker is as consistent as they come.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads