• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your height?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Yeah it sucks to be 6'2''
smile.gif
How do you know what height you're supposed to be btw?

Doctors can usually estimate it based on birth weight, time, development, and parents. Obviously, it's only an estimate and apparently my family doctor sucked at it.

kever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
My brother was supposed to be 6'2", took up smoking at age 13 and is 6'6". Absolutely no interest in basketball. I was supposed to be 6'6", never smoked, played basketball at least five days a week until my late twenties and wound up at 6'2". Life isn't always fair.

I was supposed to be 6'9, but topped out at 6'6". I play Bball and lots of other sports. My brother was supposed to be 6'6", and has little interest in sports. He topped out at 7'1". He would gladly give me his height if he could, as he's a pretty shy introvert and hates the attention it gives him. He tried basketball, but even at that height your heart needs to be in it at least a little bit to go anywhere. I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I don't need specially made clothing or beds or have very little selection in shoes (my 14's are much easier to find then his 19's). Had I got those extra 7 inches though, I think I would have made enough money playing sports to buy bespoke everything.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
6' physically, but always figure my attitude adds at least 8". I am about in the middle height of five brothers, the tallest being about 6'6" and the shortest 5'7".

rxcats

Reaction score
I am 6'2" tall in my bare feet. I guess that puts me around 6'3" in shoes. My dad is 5'8", my mom is 5'3", my brother 5'9" and my sister 5'1 1/2" (she insists on the extra 1/2"). I am happy with my height, but wouldn't want to be any taller. When I lived in Israel, I felt like a giant; people there would ask me if I played basketball. When I was in religious school as a kid (parents made me go), I was always the tallest or at least the second tallest. Like Asians, Jews are usually a bit on the shorter side.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rxcats
I am 6'2" tall in my bare feet. I guess that puts me around 6'3" in shoes. My dad is 5'8", my mom is 5'3", my brother 5'9" and my sister 5'1 1/2" (she insists on the extra 1/2"). I am happy with my height, but wouldn't want to be any taller. When I lived in Israel, I felt like a giant; people there would ask me if I played basketball. When I was in religious school as a kid (parents made me go), I was always the tallest or at least the second tallest. Like Asians, Jews are usually a bit on the shorter side.
I'm not so sure I agree with that stereotype. They may be skinny, geeky and have zit cream all over their weezer shirts, but they're usually lanky and tall.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
6' physically, but always figure my attitude adds at least 8". I am about in the middle height of five brothers, the tallest being about 6'6" and the shortest 5'7".

Hey baby wanna see my attitude!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Hey baby wanna see my attitude!!

LOL, I was thinking someone would say something along those lines as I typed that.
laugh.gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6´33 =193 cm
pretty much perfect in my opinion, wouldnt want to be shorter really (except to have the proportions to wear loose fit pants and tucked shirts like japanese peeps).

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'2 AND A HALF! haha and i'm jewish! i dont think were generally shorter though.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5"9, can't complain though because I am asian. However the extra height is all in my neck =/

Though to be honest, all of the members who are extremely tall don't give off that appearance in the WAYWT posts (in a good way, as in they don't stand out as freakishly hulking masses) and a lot of the shorter members don't seem short (mafoofan, for instance, I would've guessed something more like 5"7).

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4'2''

I'm a midget.
bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by Lel
5"9, can't complain though because I am asian. However the extra height is all in my neck =/

Though to be honest, all of the members who are extremely tall don't give off that appearance in the WAYWT posts (in a good way, as in they don't stand out as freakishly hulking masses) and a lot of the shorter members don't seem short (mafoofan, for instance, I would've guessed something more like 5"7).

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, so that is you in your avatar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads