• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Williamsburg Brooklyn or Cobble/Boerum Hill? 30 year old single male

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i live in cobble hill. highly recommend it, plenty of cool bars and restaurants. can't speak too much re. the wimminz as teh wife usually puts them off :-(

newintown23

Reaction score
I notice a lot of that in cobble hill. Beautiful place to live, but is it the best place for a 30-year-old single guy I question. Just walking the streets will give a solid indication Of just how family-oriented the place is. Same really for park slope. Tough call

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I currently live in Boerum Hill and have lived in Ft Green. You can't go wrong with either choice IMO. Great hoods, safe, loads of chicks. Pk Slope is cool because of the access to the park. I can get there in a few subway stops. I can walk to Ft Green to hang out if I want.

Re Boerum Hill, there is a huge Pathmark/Target on Atlantic Ave that I walk to when I want(I was there yesterday) and there is a grocery store also on Smith Street. Great restaurants on Smith and Court St. Brooklyn Heights is also a short walk away. Smith St has a couple of street fairs every summer(Bastille Day in July brings out loads of da wimmenz!)

There are nice/new apt bldgs on many of the side streets off of Court and Smith that you probably do not see when you walk up and down each ave. There are also some on Atlantic Ave. F train @ Bergen Street and Carroll. G also stops @ Bergen. Butcher shop also on Smith St which comes in handy when I want to grill some steaks.

Last edited:

newintown23

Reaction score
Believe it or not, there are all of 2 apartments available in boerum hill right now under 3k per month. The slope seems to be 3-4 hundred less for the same apartment which is a pretty big swing.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean...as someone who lives/lived/hangs in each hood, you can't go wrong with any of them.
I would focus less on where has women and pick the hood you want to live in.
Women hang in each of those hoods. Women come from other hoods to hang in each of those hoods. Women are everywhere in Bklyn. You don't have to live in the same hood as someone that you are involved with.
As I said, I live in Boerum Hill....last GF was from Hoboken. Current bootay call is from New Rochelle. Also dated a girl when I lived in Ft Green from Astoria.......

Pick a nice apt in a nice hood and the wimmenz will come...

Last edited:

Reborn

Reaction score
Park Slope. I'd choose it if I wasn't poor.

South side of Prospect Heights should be on that top 10 list:

2/3 & 4/5 & B/Q
Brooklyn Museum
Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
Prospect Park
Atlantic Yards
Fastest growing rent in NYC

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brownstone will be more intimate with your neighbors, and they with you. I'd think a brownstone apt would be better for a family or young couple. If you go in the slope, try and stay away from 4th Ave...the buildings are sure nice, but you're living on 4th Avenue. Yuck.

newintown23

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Every time i walk around park slope there are just sooooo many kids around. It's kind of a turnoff. I have nothing against kids as I wish to have my own someday. But now now.

newintown23

Reaction score
what do you guys think of Greenpoint to throw a real curveball out there.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I lived there for a month. It's very quiet and very clean. It feels like the most traditional and autonomous of the ethnic European neighborhoods (lots of Polish folks) I've been (and there aren't many), which is something that has its own negative and positives. I don't think it's for you though. Much more of a family and church community oriented crowd.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads