• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any examples of dudes under 70 years old? :box:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you.

I've tried it with navy, and it never looks good to me. In fact, this mid-to-light gray is the only thing in my closet I really love with it. I may try it with the navy and post to see if that makes things better for others, though.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any examples of dudes under 70 years old?
boxing[1].gif
What about:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of them is wearing the cardigan under a suit
tounge.gif

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of them is wearing the cardigan under a suit
tounge.gif

True but suits were only part of it.

The original statement was "Sweater vests/cardigans under suits/jackets are in good taste if executed properly - examples abound:" followed by examples. To which "in stiches" asked "any examples of dudes under 70 years old?" which is what you see above
tongue.gif

This may or may not have any relevance but the first outfit I posted was a cardigan under a blue blazer, the second was a cardigan under a suit. I don't feel the need to stop doing so but it's interesting to see the comments nonetheless.

Here's one with a suit for you
smile.gif
:

It would seem that cardigans are more casual and better worn with odd jackets or more casual suits rather than more tailored suits.

Ivar

Reaction score

It would seem that cardigans are more casual and better worn with odd jackets or more casual suits rather than more tailored suits.

Yes. That's why I wrote "with these kinds of business-y worsteds."

Last edited:

tdude

Reaction score

It's a suit, not a SC. Shirt stripe is light blue in case the pic is off.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't like shirts with grey in them unless they are casual chambray, or end-on-end shirts. Also, I don't like the width of the stripes. I much prefer bengal stripes where the color and white are the same width. That to me looks like a casual shirt and it is paired with a white TV fold, which is off.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of this thread, again?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads