1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

which jeans are unsanforized?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by voltronf0rce, Jul 21, 2006.

1. voltronf0rce

voltronf0rce Member

I searched for threads, but all I see is to soak them in warm water for an hour before wearing? and dont wash for several months afterwards. Anything special advice/techniques people want to add?

2. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

After the initial soak, you can put them on while wet and allow them to dry on you. They will conform to you r body. Hence the term shrink to fit. You will probably need to be in a bathtub or somewhere you can drip indigo and water all over.

3. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

Most japanese repros are unsanforized.

!luc

4. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

er, not true. plenty of them offer a one-wash version in addition to the raw. voltron: a general "which jeans are unsanforised" question like that will get you nowhere. you'll want to read the superfuture.com denim forums as well as over here, and find out what the hell raw jeans are all about first. to your question about how i break my jeans in, i wear them everyday, that's all. and maybe wash once in awhile. starch once in a longer while. no other tricks.

5. gza

gza Well-Known Member

Are not many if not most of the Japanese one-wash jeans also unsanforized? My understanding was that they are made from the same ubiquitous unsanforized raw denim, which is washed once to minimize further shrinkage.

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

LEE repros are sanforized to keep it real.

7. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

whoops! my mistake. yes they are unsanforised, but yes also one-washed to get the shrinkage out of the way. apologies.

8. dk7m

dk7m Well-Known Member

LEE repros are sanforized to keep it real.

yep i just soaked my 101b repros with barely any shrinking at all